Hey All

Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:22 am

Hello G&L people. I live in North Idaho near the Canadian border. Have a small but decent home studio built around a fairly new
Mack Presonus front end and DAW. Current guitars: Gibson Humminabird and a Schecter PT Tele-style electric. have a V22 Bugera amp... bit
cemonay nea o
flat-out amazed at the tone of this amp. In a long, sad story, I
lost about 30 grand worth of studio and quitar equipment in 2020 and am just getting back on my feet. The Tele sound was the first priority, and with the tappable Hes on the Schecter, I ve gotten a wide range or great tones. Now it's Strat time, and its going to be a used Strat style Gal Legacy in that beautiful blueburst. I've heard just great things about the stock pickups and the fit finish on these quitars and I'm so looking forward to owning a Strat again...and looking forward to a G&L.
Just as a recommend, if anyone is shopping for a T-style electric and considering a MIM

Re: Hey All

Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Howdy. Not to talk about the past, it's back there, it's good to hear you are putting something together. Onward and upward!

I like Legacy and S-500 but I must admit I have a "F" brand, or two, that I really like too. Pickups can always be swapped if necessary, also. If you are looking for the lowest price, but pretty good quality, S-style I have had good luck with G&L Tribute series. I haven't tried a Placentia series and probably won't. There are two Tribute Legacy SSS guitars on GC's used section for $350 ea right now. If you want USA you can usually dig around the classifieds and find a USA Legacy for $800 or so. The nicest are more of course and often well worth more. They don't demand as high a price as the "F" brand though it seems.

My first tube amp not too long ago was a Bugera Vintage 5 that someone had put a Ted Weber speaker in. It sounds really good to me and at the price I paid for it it will probably stick around for a long time. It already was a great backup to have when I had other amps in the shop.