Long time reader, recent member :)

Thu May 18, 2023 5:02 am

Hi guys, I'm a UK based Leo fanboy and due to my (admittedly questionable) decision when I started my guitar journey 6 years ago to learn left-handed and the limited options that entails, I've been delving into the mods and custom building side of our glorious instruments.
This forum has been full of fascinating technical info/history and though I don't currently own a G&L (I'm patiently waiting for the right one to make its way to this side of the Atlantic), I'm looking to use some pickups, bridges and wiring principles in my first DIY build.
Thanks for being so generous in building this huge knowledge base and hope you all have the best of days :)

Re: Long time reader, recent member :)

Thu May 18, 2023 2:58 pm

Hi ralual! :greet:

Welcome and I bet you will find a G&L before ya know it. These guitars are a great platform for mods, but I would try to keep the mods to Tribby’s. This coming from a guy who’s modded both ends of the list. :evilgrin:

Jump in often, and look forward to seeing posts of yer gitar when ya get it. :banana:

Remember, you can never have too many ASAT’s!

Re: Long time reader, recent member :)

Thu May 18, 2023 6:32 pm

Welcome. If you're left handed, you're left handed. Trying to learn to play opposite of your natural handing could be more limiting than your choice of left handed guitars. There are plenty of nice ones on G&L's site.