Hello and NGD

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:05 pm

https://imgur.com/a/px3H2Ay

Picked this baby up for $450 today. Would love any info you have. It’s my first G&L. It needs new saddles but otherwise it’s great!

Re: Hello and NGD

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:04 am

Welcome and great find!

Any clues to its past? Curious as to what happened to the original saddles.

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:08 am

Congrats, nice score!
I can't help much with info although the three bolt neck means it's fairly old. The first Legacys had Seymour Duncan p'ups (but I don't recall how long that lasted). You can contact G&L directly with the serial number and they can give you more details. They're pretty helpful.
Enjoy!!

Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:53 pm

Nice score. I'm guessing the body markings might be TSN - Tinted Satin Neck, RW - Rosewood, LEG - Legacy. I think those years (1996-1997ish) had the straight "Legacy" text so perhaps the neck has been replaced. That is a complete guess though and I'm no expert. The wiring does look like it is PTB wiring with the 500k treble cut pot and I've seen those similar pots with the dimples in the volume and bass cut pot and smooth treble pot. I can't make out the other markings in the photos. Is the bass pot 1 Meg and the volume 250k?

Hopefully Memo or someone can get you more info based on the serial number.

ImageImage

Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:46 pm

What they said ^^^^^!! Great score, wish I could find three bolts for $450. :evilgrin:

Can’t add anymore to specs on yer guitar. Welcome to the club!

Remember, you can never have too many ASAT’s!!