Bass Newb Intro

Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:51 pm

Ageing guy rediscovers music: It started two years ago with a drum kit which led to electric blues which led to noticing and digging bass lines which led to a Tribute Kiloton arriving last wed. Though some might think it a bit early for prognostication I know myself; starting to learn bass will only reinforce my drum practice, and visa versa, from both musical synergy and physical stamina perspectives (different muscles); there is no doubt that it will continue that way.

On the drums I can jam modestly well to a lot of elec blues (via Internet streaming services with Blues Radio, Athens Greece being my fave) and I can’t play bass at all...but I have found a few “your first bass lesson” videos and have started plucking and fretting up/down the strings and across the frets to the same music, and that is very cool; metaphorically I’ve started crawling. At this point I’m not using my little practice amp, my fingertips are sore and that is great.

I’ve already benefited from this list (thank you), Talkbass, Basses by Leo, and am looking forward to continuing. Thanks for the resource!

Re: Bass Newb Intro

Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:12 pm

Welcome! I like the path you're on---it sounds like fun!