New Member From SE Pa

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Hi,

I'm Bob from Levittown Pa.

I have always played acoustic guitars since I was like 12 or 13 (I'm 65 now). My friends older brother showed me a few chords one day, and that is how I got started. It's been an on and off hobby ever since then. I never played for money, but sometimes people would offer me money "not" to play... hehehehe

About 15 years ago or so I got interested in electric guitars. Tried a few different brands and settled on the Fender Strat's. Since then I have always had a Strat, and lately was looking for something that was as good or better then my Strat. I tried some different brands at guitar stores, but nothing really came close.

I was browsing on Sweetwater one day and stumbled across the G&L guitars. The Fullerton Deluxe Comanche really looked interesting so I ordered the Old School Tobacco Sunburst. I figured if it did not measure up to my Strat then I could just return it. After doing the setup and putting a set of 11's on it, it sounds amazing. The low strings ring out a lot clearer than my Strat, and it's much more balanced. I like the separate tone controls for treble and base too, and the switch that activates all 3 pickups or neck/bridge pickups.

Needless to say, my American Ultra Strat is being sold to a friend of mine.

Anyway... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cheers,

Re: New Member From SE Pa

Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:43 pm

Welcome bcal!

Saw your post on rolling with the Comanche.
Great tones and near the pinnacle of s-type guitars for studio work.

TJ

Re: New Member From SE Pa

Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:19 pm

TexasJack wrote:Welcome bcal!

Saw your post on rolling with the Comanche.
Great tones and near the pinnacle of s-type guitars for studio work.

TJ

Thank you TJ.