New ASAT Classic Custom & L-2000 owner

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:08 am

Hello all, Josh here in NC. Got my Sweetwater exclusive ASAT Classic Custom while working at Sweetwater this summer, and recently traded for an L-2000 as I’ve gone pro on bass too. I’ll be leaning on the group for info!

Re: New ASAT Classic Custom & L-2000 owner

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:13 pm

Welcome Josh, looking forward to seeing pics of those axes!

TJ

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:30 pm

Hey Josh :greet:

Welcome and congrats on the L2000! My son has one and totally digs it. What kind of music are you playing?

Post picture of both.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:02 pm

Thanks! Way too much friction to posting pics here, I’m in the G&L Bass group on Facebook and have shared there.

On guitar I play everything from bluegrass to metal to pop and Americana. Bass my gigs have been in the Americana and Country arenas.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Sounds like my kinda bands. I mainly lean to Grateful Dead, Americana(Jayhawks, Uncle Tupelo, Flying Burrito Brothers etc.), and country with some Beatles, Marillion and Phish thrown in to keep it left of center! Would like to catch Billy Strings live sometime.

Will look for tales of the L-2000! :searching:

Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:41 am

Wow yeah that’s my kinda stuff! My recently departed uncle along with my aunt were/are huge Deadheads and they passed that onto me along with some of the peripherals like the Burrito Brothers and NRPS.

Cool note on Marillion- he plays custom guitars from a guy named Jack Dent who lives in my are la of NC. I went to a clinic of Steve Rothery and the Dent guitars, and wound up having dinner with Steve and Neil Armstrong’s son (ye strat Neil Armstrong) who is a huge Marillion fan.

Re: the L2K the story has actually just taken a dark turn- the bi-cut neck has a crack I just found (don’t think it’s new) behind the 6th & 7th fret area, and having just changed strings from the flats that came on it to some basic D’Addario rounds, the playability and tone just went down the toilet with several dead spots and overall lack of sustain compared to before. It’s mysterious.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:06 am

joshoptical wrote:Thanks! Way too much friction to posting pics here, I’m in the G&L Bass group on Facebook and have shared there.

On guitar I play everything from bluegrass to metal to pop and Americana. Bass my gigs have been in the Americana and Country arenas.

Welcome to our site! :greet:

Hmm, did you read this post: Tutorial: Posting photos?
If that post does not help, contact me via IP or EM so that I can help get your photos posted.
In the meantime, please do add your G&L instruments to our G&L Registry.
Last edited by Craig on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed links

Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:15 am

I did see, thank you. G&L is turning into a part time job for me so I gotta watch my time! Haha.

Submitted the L2K just now. Will do the Sweetwater ASAT later.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:01 pm

Hey Josh,

Some very cool history and the Steve Rothery experience. Never played a Dent guitar but interested to hear what you think. Color me green with envy on the clinic. I’ve spoken with him after a couple of shows years ago, super nice guy.

Hope the neck is salvageable.