Newby From Missouri

Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:45 am

I will be the proud owner of a G&L Fullerton Deluxe Legacy Electric Guitar Maple Fingerboard Blue Burst as of yesterday. Did have an order for a Fender HSS Stratocaster but when I found out that Fender had laid off 300 people it pissed me off. So I knew Leo had started G&L a long time ago I started looking and watched a comparison video. This sold me on the guitar that I have an order on. Should be here in September, I hope.
As for me I will be 60 in December I have been practicing playing guitar since June of last year. When I returned to the workforce my instructor dumped me, so now I am using the Mel Bay Grade 1 book to teach myself how to play. I used a metronome a couple of days ago and that was difficult but on my second day my use of the metronome in my playing had been successfully increased 1000%, only one song I did not get correct using the nome.
Retired USN, college graduate Bachelor's Degree in Biblical and Theological Study, wife Melissa, son Reginald. Been married since 1989, love sports Kansas
City Chiefs Royals and St Louis Blues and anything with an engine in it as far as racing and hot rods and exotic cars. I am a Christian, I read my Bible every morning right after getting my coffee to start my day. I like Blues and rock n roll music from 50's to 90 primarily. When I graduated so many years ago Van Halen was band I liked the most besides Bob Seger, and Aerosmith. If I had a band it would be patterned after Bob Seger and John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band. Father and brother both have passed and I have my mother, wife and son and my 2 dogs Sally and Eleanor.
I will apologize ahead of time as I will be asking lots of questions as I am still a babe in the woods when compared to others who have been playing guitar for over a year or more, I just have not been exposed or simply do not know to some of the information I am trying to obtain from you seasoned guitar players. Have a great day, God Bless Rickey

Re: Newby From Missouri

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:27 am

Welcome, Rickey!
If you have not checked this site out already, take a look at www.justinguitar.com
I am 68 and started with Justin 2 years ago. After a lot of starts and stops the instruction and methodology have been a huge benefit.
And best of all, it is free.

Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:08 am

Welcome , I second Justin Guitar as a great place to learn. And I will also add https://www.shutupandplay.ca/ . You will be very happy with your Legacy. Going with G&L was a sound decision.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:54 pm

Hi Rickey! :greet:

Welcome and thank you for your service. Sounds like yer off to a fantastic start with a killer guitar, good direction on practice sites and God knows the Mel Bay books I’ve go through fro guitar to bass. Looking forward to seeing pics when it arrives. We love pictures round here. John Cafferty, man that brings back memories. Memories on the dark side.

Jump in often and do searches through the GLDP for topics yer interested in, you’ll be surprised at all the information you find.

Remember, You can never have too many ASAT’s! :alright: