Hello from Argentina

Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:57 am

Hello everyone!!!!! My name is Gustavo, from Tucumán, Argentina and I am happy to join this forum.

Sometime in the next 2 weeks I hope to receive my first guitar, a G&L Legacy Tribute, Black tinted Gloss and I am very excited about it.

I hope I'm not too old to start learning guitar (47 years old)

Regards from Argentina

Gustavo

Re: Hello from Argentina

Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:43 pm

Ha.. You're never too old. I started when I was older and the biggest issue I found is that I am too critical of myself. When you are young, you tend to laugh at your mistakes or ignore them. I would get angry at myself for making mistakes, which gets in the way of learning. Don't do that.

Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Welcome Esculapio! I started into the G&L range with a tribute Legacy, black, with maple fretboard, tortoise pickguard and those fabulous CLF-100 pickups.
Good choice! I hope you have fun exploring the guitar. Let us know what you think. I agree with tooslowhand, never too late to explore your music and learn!

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:14 am

Welcome, Gustavo. No one is too old to start playing. I was in a band with a guy who started playing bass after he retired as an airline pilot in his 60s. He was a good player and we had a lot of fun as a semi-professional band.

Kit

Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone for your words!!!

I'll try to do my best effort to learn and get a decent sound.

Regards