Invader newbie

Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:35 am

Hi,
thanks for admission. I am trying to upload a photo of my Invader but unable to find and image link.
When I click Img, it just pops up in the text field with no way to upload.

Suggestions?
thanks

Re: Invader newbie

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:10 pm

64zonian wrote:Hi,
thanks for admission. I am trying to upload a photo of my Invader but unable to find and image link.
When I click Img, it just pops up in the text field with no way to upload.

Suggestions?
thanks

Welcome to our site! :greet:

For posting photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing you Invader. :searching:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:02 pm

Tried some of the instructions you posted but doesn't seem to be working for me.

https://imgur.com/a/NpyjJjh

https://imgur.com/a/NpyjJjh

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:22 pm

64zonian wrote:Tried some of the instructions you posted but doesn't seem to be working for me.

[url]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/NpyjJjh" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/NpyjJjh"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/url]

[timage=]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/NpyjJjh" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/NpyjJjh"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/timage]

You need to get the url address to the photo file (jpeg, jpg).

Here are the steps to add an inline photo to a post:

1. Go to whatever photo hosting service you used.
2. Display the photo you want to post.
3. Move the mouse pointer over the photo.
4. Right click on the mouse device then scroll to the "Copy image URL" or "Copy Image Address" selection and then left click on it.
The image URL will now be copied to your Clipboard storage area.
5. Bring up the G&LDP and go to the thread you want to post to.
6. Click on the Post Reply button which should bring up the Post Editor.
7. Below the Subject editing box look for the "Img" button and click on it, which will put the image BBCode in the editor window
with the mouse pointer positioned, ready to paste the image URL copied in step #4.
8. Right click the mouse device then scroll to the "Paste" selection and left click. This should paste the image URL.
9. After completing your post, click the "Preview" button and verify that you post looks the way you want it.
10. Click the "Submit" button to complete the posting.

If this does not help, email me the link to your imgur photo album which has the guitar photos.

Hope this helps.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:59 pm

Imgur should have the links too, when you are in your album, for sharing on various forums and social media sites. if it is like Imageshack you want the one that says "direct" not the one that says "link."