Arrived here via search...

Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:47 am

Long time guitar player. Nearly 60 years. My newest acquisition is a Gloss Black Fullerton S-500 with gold hardware, locking tuners and a birds eye maple neck. Serial 34344. I suspect it to be a mid 2000 model. This is my only "S" style guitar.

Have owned an ASAT Tribute semi-hollow BluesBoy in clear orange for a few years. It has a TV Jones Supertron at the neck and the original Leo single coil in an ashtray bridge. This is my only "Tele" style guitar.

I mostly play acrhtops both hollow and semi-hollow with Bigsbys. I do have a couple USA Ovation Elite shallow bodies (a 6 and a 12). My prized guitar is a Gibson LeGrand.

This latest addition was the result of a local estate sale and my efforts to assist with "moving" some higher end studio gear, including several guitars, a bass and keyboards. After playing this S-500, the MFD pups were amazing. I have a Guild archtop with P90's and these are more present. Wonderful tone through a Deluxe Reverb.

Did a minor setup and looking to use this NYE at a local gig.

I would certainly like to learn more about this particular S-500. The year manufactured, the specific model, gold hardware, locking tuners, etc. Thank you for the forum.

Daniel50s60s
Michigan

Re: Arrived here via search...

Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:43 am

Welcome to our site :wave:

We would like to see your S-500 and we should be able to tell the specific model you have and the approximate build year.
See this forum guidelines post and look for the link to the Tutorial on posting photos here.

Looking forward to seeing your S-500. :searching:

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:03 pm

Thank you.

I have uploaded pics to an album here in the Gallery. Both my Fullerton S-500 and my ASAT Classic BluesBoy semi-hollow tribute.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:32 pm

Daniel50s60s wrote:Thank you.

I have uploaded pics to an album here in the Gallery. Both my Fullerton S-500 and my ASAT Classic BluesBoy semi-hollow tribute.

Well then, the next step is to post them. I will post one of each guitar, so that you can see how it's done (like in the Tutorial).

Here's your S-500 with several options (BE neck, GOT finish on neck, Gold hardware):
Code:
[img]http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=50754&g2_serialNumber=3[/img]

And, here's your Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow:
Code:
[img]http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=50737&g2_serialNumber=3[/img]

Hope this helps.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Thank you.

Think I've got it...

Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:37 am

Welcome, Daniel. What is the neck pup in the Bluesboy? I have a 2016 of the same model but the neck pup is different. Thinking I would like to swap it out but want something that is a drop in.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:15 pm

The Bluesboy has a TV Jones Supertron at the neck. I have video of it on YouTube. TV Jones has audio samples on their site. Fyi.

There is a trim ring available - however I chose not to install it.
Last edited by Daniel50s60s on Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Welcome. Great guitars you have there.

Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:14 pm

y2kc wrote:Welcome. Great guitars you have there.

Thank you. Have long admired the G&L line. The Bluesboy was purchased as I simply preferred the headstock. I personally feel the Tele headstock is too small. The latest S-500 is as close to a "custom" as I will likely ever get. Enjoying it a lot.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:10 am

Thank-you, Daniel for the quick reply. Did you need to do anything to the pickguard or was the TV Jones a simple drop in?

Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:36 am

SUaPYG wrote:Thank-you, Daniel for the quick reply. Did you need to do anything to the pickguard or was the TV Jones a simple drop in?

Nothing was done to the pickguard. I did have a tech at Elderly's in Lansing do the install. I suspect a couple wires required soldering, but other than that straight forward. The TV Jones is slightly smaller, leaving a slight gap around the opening, however the tone is well worth it to me.

FWIW, I also have a pair of Supertrons installed in a Hagstrom Viking Deluxe, and simply really like the tone they impart. Add in a Deluxe Reverb, and whether it is Country, Rockabilly, Blues... they just sparkle. The fact there are no pole pieces to adjust is a simplicity I also prefer.

All the best to you in your quest...

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:56 pm

An update on the S-500.

Per Memo...
My S-500 was a G&L Showcase guitar at the 2005 NAMM show.
Very cool! Build date Oct 2004. 1 5/8" nut, 12" radius.