joining with my new, used 2001 G&L ASAT Deluxe semi-hollow

Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:58 am

Love this site! I recently purchased this 2001 ASAT Deluxe, semi-hollow body. I have been playing guitar/bass on and off for decades and recently retired from a career in health care. I bought this beauty at a local guitar shop. My current other guitars are an acoustic Guild D25 and an electric Epiphone 339. The G&L captured my heart immediately and it continues to excite. I am exploring the instrument and so far while I am getting a good left hand stretch, it is great to play. I like the 12” radius, although the action is a bit tlow. I am experimenting with a really light set of strings, .09—.43, but I suspect I will get some heavier wound strings. BTW: The neck pickup is a Duncahn’59 and the bridge pick up is a “Bare Knuckles” aftermarket pickup that came with the guitar.

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mHgmM4]
Last edited by MadCityJack on Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: joining with my new, used 2001 G&L ASAT Deluxe semi-holl

Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:47 pm

Hey MadCityJack! :greet:

Welcome and congratulations on yer new ASAT Deluxe semi-hollow, that one’s really a beauty! Glad you found the site and the ASAT, lots to get excited about. You will find many tones from her, and the semi hollow will take it in lots’o directions. Looking forward to hearing more about the bare knuckles and yer general impression as you play it more.

I’m not the best at giving help on posting pics, a little hunt and peck for me, but there are many round here who will give help and there is stuff in the knowledge base section.

Come around often and remember, “You can never have too many ASAT’s!” :alright:

Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Thanks Sam. I appreciate the welcome. I'd rather be playing guitar than figuring out photos but I think I have it figured out. I posted photos from the seller of my guitar in the gallery.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Welcome aboard! I came very close to buying that very same guitar! I'd like to be able to say I didn't pull the trigger because I already have a couple of ASAT Deluxes in my arsenal but we all know you can't have too many ASATs! :) The truth is I've got an options order coming very soon (I hope). Congrats on a great score!