Hi and thanks for the forum

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:15 pm

]I bought a G&L Asat in 1992 here in Melbourne Australia
After I bought it I tried it out at rehearsals one night and didn’t like it as I felt the neck was warped
I put back in its case and under the stairs it went for 20 years
My son who is now a music teacher needed a guitar and asked if he could use the black one
I had all but forgot about it but he took it and had it professionally set up and the guy who did the set up was blown away by it
It’s had little use since new and from checking your registry it seems to be by number about a 1987 GC22141
It has all markings in place
It has a textured black guard on a black body with a maple neck and headstock
I haven’t been able to find another the same
Any info would be welcome
Thanks

Re: Hi and thanks for the forum

Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:55 pm

Fandownunder wrote:]I bought a G&L Asat in 1992 here in Melbourne Australia
After I bought it I tried it out at rehearsals one night and didn’t like it as I felt the neck was warped
I put back in its case and under the stairs it went for 20 years
My son who is now a music teacher needed a guitar and asked if he could use the black one
I had all but forgot about it but he took it and had it professionally set up and the guy who did the set up was blown away by it
It’s had little use since new and from checking your registry it seems to be by number about a 1987 GC22141
It has all markings in place
It has a textured black guard on a black body with a maple neck and headstock
I haven’t been able to find another the same
Any info would be welcome
Thanks

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Here are some posts to check out regarding ASAT models:

List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA)
List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars
Regarding the serial number, it is likely to be G022141. The neck plate serial numbers can be hard to read due to the powder coating over the stamped Serial Number.
See this post: Serial number significance.

Please post photos (front and back) of your guitar, because we say it does not exist without photos. ;)
For posting photos, see this post: Welcome! Read This First (and look for the link to the Tutorial: Posting photos).

Looking forward to seeing your ASAT. :searching: