New-ish member

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:12 am

Greetings all! I had an account many years ago but was never really active. I honestly can't even remember my original user name. I've occasionally lurked around over the years but not much until recently. It may not be as active as most, but this forum has a wealth of information. Kudos to the administrator and old timers who make this an invaluable resource for G&L knowledge!

I've gone through a lot of guitar phases in my life but have always owned at least one G&L. I bought my first in the mid 1990's, an ASAT Deluxe with a 3 bolt neck. That one is sadly long gone. A few years ago I got the bug again when I noticed the RMC option. I now have several G&L's without pickguards and one currently on order that should be completed very soon. I love the classic look of a pickguard, especially on the ASAT Classic. but I'm a sucker for that super strat look (without the pencil thin neck and Floyd). I'll take a Dual Fulcrum over a Floyd any day - unless of course an Invader pops up at a good price and tempts me. :confused0007:

Re: New-ish member

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Welcome back!

- Jos

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm

welcome back arpeggio!
here's an rmc G&L that caught my eye a few years ago!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 pm

Arpeggio welcome back! :greet:

Secret handshake still the same and only have to donate one G&L guitar to the yearly drawing. :evilgrin:

Looking forward to pics of yer new guitar!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Thank you, Jos, John & Sam! Glad to be back in an official capacity!

John - that's a great find! So much more than just an rmc! Love it! I was always intrigued by the fine tuners and the sickle headstock. I wonder if the custom shop would ever do the that headstock again. Anyone ever attempt it?

Sam, will do! I'll take a group shot when it gets here.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:17 pm

i think the sickle headstock was really cool. no doubt it was influenced by the '80's Jackson thing, but G&L did it well. I would like to see it come back. I have seen it on some late '80's comanches and skyhawks, too.
what's amazing about the interceptor is what a great guitar it is to play. It has the best string action of any of my G&L's, that relatively slender 80's neck, but wider 1 and 3/4 nut, 25 in radius, amazing skyhawk/nighthawk neck and middle p'ups and Schaller bridge 'bucker, the feel/playability and tones are amazing. The fine tuner bridge/tailpiece holds tune very well and the sheer mass of the thing provides great sustain/resonance. It was a very lucky find.