Hello, new member from KY

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Just received my G&L ASAT Classic Tribute today. The Musician’s Friend edition with natural ash and Alnico V pickups. I have been playing guitar for many years, a member of an electric band and an acoustic band. Got the ASAT to get a country twang to contrast a Les Paul.

Hope to pick up tips on adjusting and optimizing my new guitar. Also, to learn more about G&L instruments.

First thing is to find out standard setup specs, if they exist. Want to lower the action, which is straightforward. The saddles are at the top of the screws.

Re: Hello, new member from KY

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:27 pm

BoogieMK2 wrote:Just received my G&L ASAT Classic Tribute today. The Musician’s Friend edition with natural ash and Alnico V pickups. I have been playing guitar for many years, a member of an electric band and an acoustic band. Got the ASAT to get a country twang to contrast a Les Paul.

Hope to pick up tips on adjusting and optimizing my new guitar. Also, to learn more about G&L instruments.

First thing is to find out standard setup specs, if they exist. Want to lower the action, which is straightforward. The saddles are at the top of the screws.

Welcome to our site! :greet:

FYI: The pickups in these Limited Edition for MF/GC are modeled after the Tele's of the late 50s/early 60s and are wound at the Cort Factory in
Indonesia to G&L Specifications.

Here's a couple of posts located in the G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Tech Tip sub-forum to check out which might help dial in the guitar:

String alignment issues and a simple cure
Current Factory setup for G&L guitars with hardtail bridges.

Also, checkout the other posts in the sub-forums of the G&L Knowledgebase.
There are some general setup posts as well as some specific setup tips.

We love to see some pics of your G&L Tribute and as we say: "it does not exist without photos". ;)
For posting photos, see this post and look for the link to the Tutorial: Posting photos: Welcome! Read This First.
And, don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

Re: Hello, new member from KY

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Thanks! Will tweak things over the weekend. I really like the sound of the pickups.