Hello, New Guy

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Hello,
I have had a G&L SC1 for close to 25 years. I bought it second hand and have always been curious in regard to its authenticity.
The guitar does not look like pictures of SC1s I have seen pictures of, as mine has 3 pickups, 2 single coils and a humbucker and a
5 way selector switch.

I have seen pictures of a couple G&L’s with similar paint schemes. The paint is rough textured.

Should probably take the neck off to get the date codes, but need to buy replacement strings first, as these are due to be changed anyway.

Hoping someone with knowledge of this model will chime in.

Can’t post images, sorry, will need to figure out how.

Re: Hello, New Guy

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm sure you can get some answers here, but pictures will help the most. Maybe someone switched necks? To post a picture, you don't actually post it to the group. You post it somewhere else then post the link here. Good luck.

David

Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Asphaltbouncer wrote:Hello,
I have had a G&L SC1 for close to 25 years. I bought it second hand and have always been curious in regard to its authenticity.
The guitar does not look like pictures of SC1s I have seen pictures of, as mine has 3 pickups, 2 single coils and a humbucker and a
5 way selector switch.

I have seen pictures of a couple G&L’s with similar paint schemes. The paint is rough textured.

Should probably take the neck off to get the date codes, but need to buy replacement strings first, as these are due to be changed anyway.

Welcome to our site! :greet:

As David mentioned, photos will help us in IDing your G&L. See this post and look for the link to the Tutorial on Posting photos:
Welcome! Read This First.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:24 am

Asphaltbouncer wrote:Hello,
5 way selector switch.

Other than having the wrong pickup configuration, does the body shape conform with the SC-1?
Does the headstock say SC-1?
The photo in my avatar is my guitar that started its life as an SC-1.
The photo below shows what a real SC-1 should look like (the one on the left with a single pickup)