New old member from Seattle checking in...

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Hi! My name is Chris and I'm a recovered G&L addict that has fallen off of the wagon.

I've been a member for a long time (under a different user name), but took quite a break from actively playing for several years. Now that my kids are approaching college age and actively avoiding my presence (damn teenagers), I have more time to obsess about guitars again!

My first G&L was a sunburst ASAT Special that I bought new in 1994. I had to sell it after a divorce many years ago, but I really miss it. I'm first and foremost a bassist, and I've had two L2Ks over the years, which have both moved on, but my main current bass is a custom ordered L2500 fretless that I purchased from the late, great BassNW in 2006. This bass will be with me until my kids sell it for vacation money when I'm dead. LOL

At this point in my life, I'm not in a band performing anymore, but playing still keeps me sane, and in order to preserve my sanity, I've just ordered another custom guitar, and the waiting begins.

I decided to order an ASAT Classic Bluesboy 90 semi-hollow from Dusty Strings in Seattle, with sunburst finish, vintage gloss neck, ebony board, with a sunburst headstock, natural body binding, tortoise pick guard, and a creme colored P90. It's going to be a long, long wait.

I can't wait to have an ASAT again.

Cheers!

Re: New old member from Seattle checking in...

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome back :)

edg

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi Chris! :greet:

Welcome back and can’t wait to see pics of yer ASAT when it lands.

Since you were here before and back now under a new name, does that make this your witness protection safe place!! :lol:

Share some pics of the fretless L2500. :thumbup:

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Cheers from another Seattle-ite,
BassNW had some cool stuff.

Good to have you back around here .
Elwood

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:36 pm

Here's the L2.5K, and yeah, lets just say a conversation was had and a vacation is now owed. :happy0007:

Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:12 pm

SWEET!! :alright:

Man that’s a keeper!