Previous G&L owner introduction

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Hello I’m rejoining after many years of not being involved. I used to own a 3 bolt legacy that was great guitar and as many probably have said. I wish I never sold it. The 3 bolts got criticized when they first came out and it turned out they were some of the best G&L’s ever made. Live and learn right? Might be in the market for a Geroge Fullerton if I can find a 3 bolt with a highly figured neck if anyone has a source they can recommend to look for such a thing lmk.

For now I have a 1992 American Strat that is a family hand me down but highly appreciated.

Look forward to having some great conversations!

Todd!

Re: Previous G&L owner introduction

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Trose49 wrote:Hello I’m rejoining after many years of not being involved. I used to own a 3 bolt legacy that was great guitar and as many probably have said. I wish I never sold it. The 3 bolts got criticized when they first came out and it turned out they were some of the best G&L’s ever made. Live and learn right? Might be in the market for a Geroge Fullerton if I can find a 3 bolt with a highly figured neck if anyone has a source they can recommend to look for such a thing lmk.

For now I have a 1992 American Strat that is a family hand me down but highly appreciated.

Look forward to having some great conversations!

Todd!

Welcome back, Todd! :greet:

Check out this post: Welcome! Read This First.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:41 am

Hey Todd :greet:

Welcome back from another old timer. Saw you put a WTB in the marketplace, hope you get some responses.

What are you playing now? Jump in often and we look forward to hearing from you.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:50 am

I have a 92 red American Strat that was handed down after my father in law passed. I was so close to pulling the trigger years ago on a Fullerton I saw in a small shop in Upstate NY. The neck was the most beautiful I have ever seen by a long shot. However it was hanging directing under a heating duct and so I was very nervous as the wood had some obvious shrinking. Turns out I passed on it amd gladly so because a few months later the person her bought it posted that the neck cracked and broke. G&L replaced it at no charge but the neck was no where even in the same ball park as far as the figure went. My hope is to find another like it but in pristine condition!