New G&L ASAT Owner and Forum Member

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Hi everyone, just acquired my first G&L guitar today and I'm very glad I did. It's a 2018 Custom ASAT Classic American Semi-Hollow in Shoreline Gold with Cream Binding. It plays and sounds fantastic! I'm hoping to learn more about G&L guitars and other owners on this site.

Re: New G&L ASAT Owner and Forum Member

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:36 pm

I've never attached a pic using a hosting site before so I'm not sure if my attempt here will be successful but I'll give it a try.
It didn't work.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Welcome to the family. :)

If you do a search, there is a tutorial on how to post photo's.

edg

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:04 pm

Thanks, I had read it and tried google photos which provides urls and used it but the error message said the edges of the photo could not be determined.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:21 pm

Here's a link to a photo of my Custom ASAT Semi-Hollow https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNdk7aor2fbdN6JrwU1ZnHu4rnKO_lESxRV-Fsu

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:23 pm

I don't think the link is working

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm

R7-12 wrote:Thanks, I had read it and tried google photos which provides urls and used it but the error message said the edges of the photo could not be determined.

Welcome to our site! :greet:

You must make sure the url you are using is pointing to the jpg file, not a web page with the picture included.

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing your ASAT. :searching:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 pm

Thanks for that, I'll take another look.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:52 pm

Not sure how to get the right url link from my Google Photos site. I've tried several different options but nothing has worked so far.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm

Last edited by R7-12 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm

I think the link above might work.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:25 pm

R7-12 wrote:I think the link above might work.

Yes, that link works.

Here is the image in-line (using the same link between the img BBcode.)

What makes this ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow a custom model? Does the serial number start with "CS"? And what color is the body finish?

Looks great and bet it sounds as good as it looks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for posting the picture.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 pm

Thanks Craig. The seller mentioned that compared to a base model, this particular Sem-Hollow was ordered with the following upgrades,

- Swamp Ash Body
- Light tint satin finish
- Colour Matches Headstock
- White Body Binding
- 3 ply Tortoise Shell Pickguard

I'm not sure how accurate he was, and I don't think it's really a custom shop build, but as a trade deal, it was an excellent transaction - for both of us.

Edit: I was able to have the image show in my previous post with the same img codes - thanks.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:17 am

R7-12 wrote:Thanks Craig. The seller mentioned that compared to a base model, this particular Sem-Hollow was ordered with the following upgrades,

- Swamp Ash Body
- Light tint satin finish
- Colour Matches Headstock
- White Body Binding
- 3 ply Tortoise Shell Pickguard

I'm not sure how accurate he was, and I don't think it's really a custom shop build, but as a trade deal, it was an excellent transaction - for both of us.

Edit: I was able to have the image show in my previous post with the same img codes - thanks.

G&L Sales call it an Option Order build. You should also have a Build Specification sheet which details the build in the black G&L large envelope in the case.
On my higher res monitor I can see that the finish is Shoreline Gold (i missed your post listing the body finish color earlier).

Please do add your guitar to our G&L Registry.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Thanks for the additional info.

I do have a build sheet and have added the guitar to the G&L Registry.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi R7-12,

Welcome to the cul... club! :happy0065:

Sweet ASAT ya got there, semi-hollows are in a league of their own. Jump in often and if ya got any other questions there are many knowledgeable folks round here to help.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:23 pm

sam wrote:Hi R7-12,

Welcome to the cul... club! :happy0065:

LOL!

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the welcome! It's a nice change to join a forum where people seem to be more genuine and welcoming than some other guitar-related sites.

I don't have a lot of experience with semi-hollow bodied guitars, although I do have a Duesenberg Double Cat, but that's a different breed altogether. Same goes for G&L's and ASAT's, this being my first of both. I do have an Am. STD Tele but never really bonded with it, although I am appreciating it more as of recent. I also have a Vintage Guitars V58JD (T-style), and even though it's a "more affordable" guitar, it plays and sounds great and is a lot of fun every time I pick it up.

But this ASAT Semi-Hollow is really nice - in all respects. I can now begin to relate to all the G&L owners whose comments I've read over the years consistently praise them. The MFD pickups are quite different than other single coils and I like them already. The top end might not be quite as sweet as some traditional "Tele" neck P'ups, but they are very articulate, dynamic, balanced, and have a lot of body.

I think I'm going to enjoy this guitar for a long time.