Hi from an 80's original F100-II owner

Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi everyone, please let me tell you my G&L story.

I've found myself with more time cooped up at home recently and made a discovery. I rediscovered my 1984 F100-II #G008836 with black painted mahogany body and ebony fretboard. Its been put away for a few years but now back in the light.

I am the original owner and also found an original sales brochure, owners manual, warranty card, receipts, hard case and some hex wrenches. I bought it new from a Seattle dealer in Feb 1984 and have had it ever since. There is such a wide variety of sounds you can get out of it these. I like its clean tone best, sometimes with just a bit of overdrive.

Had a little fine tuning done in 1995 by a luthier in Bellevue, WA by the name of Mike Lull. Mike turned out to be quite a notable luthier and even created his own line of bass guitars. His work really made this guitar play incredible. RIP Mike.

Let me know what you think. Glad to be here, thanks for looking.

Last edited by luigi222 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Hi from a longtime F100 owner

Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi there,

Greatings from the northeast end of Seattle! What wonderful guitar especially with that original brochure/catalog as part of the package. The F-100 is highly underrated in my opinion even though somebody like Carl Perkins adopted the model and is know to have recorded with it.

Mike is sorely missed after he passed away in February this year. I have a couple of guitars/basses he worked on too.

:sign0011:

- Jos