New member here -- Check out my beautiful ASAT Special

Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Hey everyone,

Nice to virtually meet you all. I'm still mastering my guitar skills, but I own a beautiful 1990(?) ASAT Special with a natural finish and all black hardware.

I purchased the guitar in Iowa I believe in 2015(?) from a lady on Craigslist. Her story was that she was the original owner and purchased the guitar new in 1990 at Riemen Music in Des Moines, Iowa. She said she took lessons for a couple years and then gave up and put the guitar in her closet for what would have been 25 years. I bought it from her once she decided to clean out her closet I guess! After some work, it plays beautifully and shows extremely minimal wear, both from the original owner and myself.

I love this guitar dearly.

The serial # is G026555 -- I will register that soon, as I see G026554 and G026556 are already registered. Mine fits right in between -- how cool!

EDIT: Can someone please help me with posting pictures? I don't understand how to do it.

Re: New member here -- Check out my beautiful ASAT Special

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:22 pm

ASAT_Special wrote:Hey everyone,

Nice to virtually meet you all. I'm still mastering my guitar skills, but I own a beautiful 1990(?) ASAT Special with a natural finish and all black hardware.

I purchased the guitar in Iowa I believe in 2015(?) from a lady on Craigslist. Her story was that she was the original owner and purchased the guitar new in 1990 at Riemen Music in Des Moines, Iowa. She said she took lessons for a couple years and then gave up and put the guitar in her closet for what would have been 25 years. I bought it from her once she decided to clean out her closet I guess! After some work, it plays beautifully and shows extremely minimal wear, both from the original owner and myself.

I love this guitar dearly.

The serial # is G026555 -- I will register that soon, as I see G026554 and G026556 are already registered. Mine fits right in between -- how cool!

EDIT: Can someone please help me with posting pictures? I don't understand how to do it.

Welcome! :wave:
For posting photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing your ASAT, not an ASAT Special, because it has all black hardware. See: List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA).

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:54 pm

[timage=]https://www.flickr.com/photos/191270802@N05/50677064151/in/dateposted-public/[/timage]

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Very nice acquisition from 1990 when G&L was still run by Leo Fender. Hope you can get photo posting sorted out so we get to salivate over it (not literally.)

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:47 pm

Hey ASAT_Special,

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing your ASAT and glad to hear you're digging yer gitar. You will find many ASAT lovers round here, of which I am one.

You can never have to many ASAT's!

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:25 pm

Sweet !!

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 am

Beautiful guitar ! Love those early Asats

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:21 pm

You must have missed this in the Tutorial:

For Flickr hosted photos, use these instructions to post inline photo:
View photo hosted from Flickr, select Share option and then select BBCode.
Select a size for photo, but no larger than "Large - 768 x 1024".
Copy the highlighted code and paste into the forum Post Editor.

Here is your photo using those instructions:

ImageIMG_0273 by a b, on Flickr

Hope this helps.

BTW, an ASAT beauty for sure! :thumbup: