HI There -

Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:00 pm

I am new to this forum and recently purchased my 1st G&L Guitar - A made in Fullerton Deluxe ASAT Special (Tele Style with maple neck and fretboard) with jumbo single coil pick ups. I have had a number of Fender Guitars in my past, and I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of the G&L guitar that I just purchased. I also learned that I live about 30 minutes from the factory and plan to visit as soon as CV is under control. I have been playing guitar for many years as a hobbyist and I occasionally play standalone gigs (I play over backing tracks that I create - all instrumental music), usually about one every 2 months. Musically my interest these days are blues, smooth jazz and pop / R&B. When I was younger, classic & southern rock featured prominently.

I look forward to learning more about G&L guitars in general and meeting more of you virtually.

Re: HI There -

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:07 am

You're at the right place. Welcome.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Welcome and please post a picture of your guitar. Also, on this group, you don't have to say that an ASAT is a Tele-style guitar. You could even say that a Tele is an ASAT-style guitar.
David

Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:12 am

dhgleaves wrote:Welcome and please post a picture of your guitar. Also, on this group, you don't have to say that an ASAT is a Tele-style guitar. You could even say that a Tele is an ASAT-style guitar.
David

Here comes a pic - a few days late :)
https://i.postimg.cc/Vvvndrzm/CLF200329 ... xlarge.jpg

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:01 am

CVS54 wrote:
dhgleaves wrote:Welcome and please post a picture of your guitar. Also, on this group, you don't have to say that an ASAT is a Tele-style guitar. You could even say that a Tele is an ASAT-style guitar.
David

Here comes a pic - a few days late :)
https://i.postimg.cc/Vvvndrzm/CLF200329 ... xlarge.jpg

Here is pic inline:

Reference post: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Hope this helps.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:37 am

There is something about the clear blue finish that grabs me. Beautiful guitar!