Legacy Tribute HB owner from Australia

Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:57 am

G'Day Folks,

I've been the proud owner of a Korean made G&L Legacy Tribute HB quite a while. I went in to a guitar shop 12 years ago wanting to get a strat style guitar and after trying out about 5 guitars this Tribute caught my eye:

It was cheaper that what I was planning to pay, but I couldn't put it down. So, it came home with me.

After living with it for so long I have started wanting do do a few things to hopefully make it a bit better. First thing I have done is replace the string tree with a black tusq XL one, I also have a black tusq XL nut to swap in (but haven't done this yet).
Next step will probably be locking tuners.
What has other people done to these that they have felt is a worthwhile upgrade?

Re: Legacy Tribute HB owner from Australia

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 pm

Hello. That's a nice looking guitar. In what city did you find it? I'm in Adelaide. The only thing that I have done with two Tributes that I have is install locking tuners. There's a model by Kiesel that works as drop-in replacements for Tributes, at least the more recent ones. Hopefully they would be the same for earlier Korean models.
David

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Thanks for the reply David. I purchased it from Guitar World on the Gold Coast, however I was living in Toowoomba at the time.
Those tuners are the same ones I am looking at and they do look like a direct drop in for my Tribute.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:54 pm

b_hoves wrote:Thanks for the reply David. I purchased it from Guitar World on the Gold Coast, however I was living in Toowoomba at the time.
Those tuners are the same ones I am looking at and they do look like a direct drop in for my Tribute.

Cool. By the way, what is the toggle switch on there, and are the pickups original?
David

Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Pickups are original. The switch is to split the bridge. It’s how it came from factory for the Korean made models.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:42 pm

I’ve just purchased the Kiesel locking tuners. Will take a few weeks to arrive. I’ll probably replace the nut to the black tusq one at the same time. Exciting time :D