Howdy from KC!

Mon May 18, 2020 7:38 am

Hey Everybody,

I recently purchased my first G&L - a Butterscotch Blonde ASAT Special. I fell in love, so I proceeded to purchase #2 (a Shoreline Gold ASAT Z-3), and #3 (Clear Orange Skyhawk)! Now my dilemma is which one to play - a great dilemma to have. I've played them a bunch but I'm still getting to know them. The thing I'm finding and that I love is that each one inspires me to play differently, so, I am seeing my playing broadening in ways that is very satisfying. I am a G&L fan for life.

I should've done this first, but I will figure out have to post some pics and put them out here.

I am looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Best!

Mark

Re: Howdy from KC!

Mon May 18, 2020 8:41 am

Hi Mark,

You seem to have noticed the first problem with buying G&L: The desire to buy more of them. Most of us on this site share that problem, myself included.

Please post pix, and enter the guitars into the registry :)

Take care,

edg

Mon May 18, 2020 10:08 am

Welcome, Mark! :wave:

Very nice start on your collection of G&Ls.
Please see the Welcome! Read This First post and look for the link to the Tutorial: Posting photos.
We need photo proof of the existence of these guitar. ;) :searching:
And thanks for adding them to our G&L Registry, too!

Mon May 18, 2020 11:13 am

Craig wrote:Welcome, Mark! :wave:

Very nice start on your collection of G&Ls.
Please see the Welcome! Read This First post and look for the link to the Tutorial: Posting photos.
We need photo proof of the existence of these guitar. ;) :searching:
And thanks for adding them to our G&L Registry, too!

Working on the photos...

"Nice start..." I'm sure it's just the start but in the interest of marital harmony, it'll be awhile before I add any more! :happy0007:

Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Giving the photo posting a try...

This is my firstborn...Image

The ASAT Z-3...Image

And the one I just got yesterday, the Fullerton Deluxe Skyhawk...Image

This is the Three Amigos all together at last! Image

Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Welcome Mark! Those are some fine specimens you have there, enjoy!

Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks, John! Nice Comanche!

Mark

Mon May 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Wow - Your Skyhawk is perfect :D

Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 pm

I suppose sometimes you just have to kick the door in when entering.... Nice trio Mark ! They all look great . And welcome !

Mon May 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Yessirree!!
That's a sublime Trio.
The new Skyhawks look amazing, congrats!

Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 am

Thanks, All!

I'm really loving the Skyhawk! Interesting story how that particular Skyhawk ended up in my fold. I purchased a Pharaoh Gold Mist Skyhawk from Sweetwater on April 1st :shock: ! It arrived a few days later. I unboxed, set up a bit, and plugged in. I immediately noticed there was something not right with the electronics. Lots of static unless I was touching a metal part (bridge, strings, etc.). I reached out to Sweetwater. They had me send the guitar back and they checked it out and said they didn't find any issue with it but they shielded the guitar for me. I received it back from them - same issue! :shocked003: I corresponded with Memo G&L and he confirmed that it should be doing that.

I reached back out to Sweetwater again and my sales rep agreed to swap out the guitar. As they did not have the Pharaoh Gold Mist in stock, I opted for the clear orange. SCORE!!! :luv: That has some of the most striking grain I've seen! And it sounds great and plays like a dream!

"A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while." :banana:

Wed May 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Dealing with grounding issues can be a chore - it can often be things no one suspects. Glad they were able to make it right. I like gold, but think orange is even better with that grain :D

Wed May 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Danley wrote:Dealing with grounding issues can be a chore - it can often be things no one suspects. Glad they were able to make it right. I like gold, but think orange is even better with that grain :D

Agreed! Plus, the orange one has a satin neck finish, which I prefer. The gold one had a gloss finish. And then there is the maple fretboard vs. rosewood on the gold one. The only downside was the gold one had a HS case and the orange one has a gig bag. The gold one also had those fancy George Fullerton-designed knobs vs. the knurled steel ones (which didn't really matter to me).