New s-500 Tribute Owner from Australia

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi Everyone
After reading people’s positive comments in this forum and elsewhere and also playing a friend’s G&L bass that was the most ergonomic bass I had ever felt, I bought a G & L S-500 Tribute. I am now in the process of finalising its set up. I like to tinker with valve guitar amps (tube) and guitar effects pedals. I also like to play songs inspired by surf guitar, spaghetti western, exotica, 60s Soundtracks and Tango music.

Re: New s-500 Tribute Owner from Australia

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Awesome- enjoy playing those MDFs, they really help make a sound of your own and adapt to myriad uses :)

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome Danley. Yes. As someone who spent their earlier years installing high output humbuckers into anything with strings on it, then as time went by only using them in split mode more often than not , I think the MDFs will be a good easy gateway to the "single coil" sound.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Reg Leisure wrote:Hi Everyone
After reading people’s positive comments in this forum and elsewhere and also playing a friend’s G&L bass that was the most ergonomic bass I had ever felt, I bought a G & L S-500 Tribute. I am now in the process of finalising its set up. I like to tinker with valve guitar amps (tube) and guitar effects pedals. I also like to play songs inspired by surf guitar, spaghetti western, exotica, 60s Soundtracks and Tango music.

Howdy and welcome. What state are you in and where did you find your S-500? I'm in SA, and there are several members on here who are in Australia.

David

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:20 pm

HI David
I'm in NSW (Sydney) and I bought the S-500 Tribute online from a store in Canberra.
Cheers,
Reg