Introduction - BillyDaSquid

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 am

:arrow: HELLO!

So, my real name is Dave, and I have no clue where I got the idea for my screen name, but I kinda like it... I'm 69 years young. I took a LONG hiatus from tinkering with the guitar and just like all the French, Cyrillic and Latin I used to know, I have to start over. I'm in the process of re-starting college level music theory, doing finger exercises (on and off the neck!). For fun, I use two sites to (1) play along and (2) to download custom tracks into Garageband. Luckily, I have a few good guitars I"ve been able to acquire over the last 18 years, so I don't have to worry about BUYING anything for a good long while...I'm also studying a lot on how to maintain my instruments and diagnose and fix problems, and at least one modding project I'm studying. So far, my only G&L is an '86 Skyhawk that I acquired by trading a 1980 Gibson SG. I and the Gibson never really got along, and the Skyhawk, though super heavy, has already impressed the heck outta me! Being new to G&L, I do have some questions that I'll post in the appropriate forums.

Lastly, I figure if Les Paul could play with rheumatoid arthritis for decades, I don't have any excuses! Glad to be here.

"Billy"

Re: Introduction - BillyDaSquid

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 am

Welcome Billy, nice choice for a 1st G&L. I have the ‘84 Skyhawk, all black, G&L’s follow up to the nighthawk. There is some magic in the old skyhawks! :happy0065: