Hello All! New member

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Hello! I discovered G&L guitars almost 20 years ago when I played a 3 bolt Asat Special in Lake Placid Blue in a music store and fell in love. It was a phenomenal guitar and became my main gigging guitar until I fell on hard times and regretfully sold it. About 10 years ago I bought a 1994 Asat Classic in Clear Forest Green and again fell in love, but it still never quite scratched the itch that the first Asat Special created. I have recently decided to sell the Classic to fund another G&L purchase and am in the process of getting it cleaned and set up for sale. I'll be posting some photos in another thread of all the neck and body markings as I have some questions. Glad to have found a forum of G&L afficionados!

Re: Hello All! New member

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:53 pm

Welcome,
I've seen some tempting deals lately, hope you find one on an old ASAT.
...looking forward to pics.
cheers

Re: Hello All! New member

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:28 pm

There sure are a lot of nice guitars out there right now. As much as I have loved the older 3 bolt G&L guitars, I'm thinking about going with a newer model. I've seen some listings that have Asat Specials with 3 large MFD pickups which I am interested in for versatility, but they are newer 4 bolt guitars.

I started another post with photos of my current guitar, but not sure how to link to that post in this one.

Edit: here's the link to my other post: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16349