Hi All

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:39 am

Greetings from Buffalo, NY.

I am a 33 yr old guitarist. I've been playing since I was 16. I bought a Comanche a couple of years ago after finally getting into S-Style guitars. I used to think any guitar without humbuckers was not for me. Then I got my first stratocaster and I really fell in love with the spank and twang and the 2/4 positions, and it seemed much more versatile than my humbucker equipped guitars. But the 60hz hum was killing me! I needed a quiet guitar. My first thought was getting some EMGs but they didn't do it for me. My buddy was like why don't you check out G&L? and that was really it. I ended up picking up a Comanche a few years ago for a couple of reasons. It seemed like everything I wanted out of a S-Style guitar.

Musically, I am very varied. I like and appreciate different types of music from pop, jazz, fusion, blues, electronic, r&b, metal. I really like it all, I'm not stuck in genres. A good song is a good song. I think there are things to learn from all styles of music and I strive to keep growing and keep an open mind. My play style right now is mostly blues based with some metal and jazz and I have been going down the fusion hole for a couple of years.

As for my primary influences (right now, in no particular order):
Jake Cinninger (Umphrey's McGee)
Paul Gilbert
Mark Letteri (Snarky Puppy & solo artist)

Nice to meet you all!

Re: Hi All

Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Excellent choice, hope you get the wiring sorted out quick. I’ve used a few noiseless singles and have something to like about each of them: Seymour Duncan Stack Plus pickups are excellent and indiscernible from a regular SC. Lace Sensors are another favorite, but farther from ‘traditional’ (which is something I enjoy.) I have about a dozen electrics - only two with PAF-style pickups: one Jackson Soloist, and my ASAT Tribute Deluxe. The rest are all single coils (plus a Wide Range clone and ‘83 F100 .)

Re: Hi All

Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Welcome Stone!

Musically, I am very varied. I like and appreciate different types of music from pop, jazz, fusion, blues, electronic, r&b, metal. I really like it all, I'm not stuck in genres. A good song is a good song. I think there are things to learn from all styles of music and I strive to keep growing and keep an open mind. My play style right now is mostly blues based with some metal and jazz and I have been going down the fusion hole for a couple of years.

I agree, if it is good - it is good!

Cheers, Dan