Hi from the UK

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 am

I'm pleased to be here on this forum.
I write songs and play both guitar and bass.

Basses are my true love. My favourite is a USA SB2. I don't have pictures but I loaned it to the bass player in the vid so you can see/hear it here-I'm singing and playing guitar).
https://youtu.be/WqmFX3LcRiw

I normally play 5's in a band so also have a USA L2500, which is unfortunately has a broken truss rod-help needed.
I have owned an L1505, and Tribute L2000 and L2500 basses and together with a S500 strat.

I'm looking forward to picking up more knowledge on G&L's

Ed

Re: Hi from the UK

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Welcome, Ed! I like your tune, with a bit of a Velvet Underground vibe.

I am mostly a guitar player, with 3 G&L guitars. But I do have an L2000 that I use for recording and occasional messing around figuring out basslines.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Thanks Kit, I'm glad that you liked the track.
I love playing both guitar and bass. I'd like to get a nice ASAT somethime but can't justify that at the moment.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Definitely, getting a Lou Reed meets Frank Black (especially from his time with the Catholics more so than Pixies aka Black Francis) vocal vibe. I like it!

I play bass and guitar as well, but lean toward guitar. Recently tries recording some tracks and have gained quite the appreciation for those who can do it. All my tracks have mistakes in them!

Cheers and welcome Edmo.

- Dan

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks Dan, yes it is really difficult for me to get good quality results too. There is no where to hide in recordings, especially during solo work but keep at it I say.
I'm also in a heavy band and find working with them is much easier. I can share the load and have people to bounce ideas to. They are very different but it is a different outlet for songs and I enjoy playing live with them. You can see the contrast here....no G&L's in this although I'm now playing a L2500 bass with them :evilgrin:
https://theangrybadgers1.bandcamp.com/track/humans

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Edmo wrote:Thanks Dan, yes it is really difficult for me to get good quality results too. There is no where to hide in recordings, especially during solo work but keep at it I say.
I'm also in a heavy band and find working with them is much easier. I can share the load and have people to bounce ideas to. They are very different but it is a different outlet for songs and I enjoy playing live with them. You can see the contrast here....no G&L's in this although I'm now playing a L2500 bass with them :evilgrin:
https://theangrybadgers1.bandcamp.com/track/humans

Love it! Goth/Post-Rock/Industrial vibe... Reminds me of my college days. I just may have to purchase the full album!

Cheers, Dan

Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks Dan, it's opposite ends of the rock music spectrum isn't it :happy0007:
I have to say that I love every track on The Angry Badgers album as it's a concept album. I'm working on an EP with them at the moment and also a solo album.
I'm determined to record by stuff at the moment. The thing I love about the "Badgers" is that I can hear the influence of everyone in the band.
If you want a CD verion let me know as I have a bizillion to sell
Ed