Hello from Washington

Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi all, just a quick note to say hi. This past month I came across a ‘96 Legacy (black with a rosewood fretboard). I picked it up for a couple of minutes and put it down and left. Couldn’t get it out of my mind, went back on my next day off and bought it. Great guitar! I added pics of it in the Gallery area.

I was so impressed with the G&L quality and feel, I ended up picking up a ‘00 Comanche online. It has a messed up decal, but the rest is in great shape. Just needs some tweaking. Pics also added to the Gallery.

I’m still getting familiar with the site and as soon as I get a chance I will link some pics from the Gallery to here.

I’ve admired the Comanche for years but never came across one in person. Took a chance and am glad I did!

Re: Hello from Washington

Mon May 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi Collin,

Welcome the family. I see that you already understand the rules: Pix or it does not exist. Also, please do not forget to register the guitars.

And I am glad that Legacy was there when you went back for it.

Takle care,

edg

Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Collinsml wrote:Hi all, just a quick note to say hi. This past month I came across a ‘96 Legacy (black with a rosewood fretboard). I picked it up for a couple of minutes and put it down and left. Couldn’t get it out of my mind, went back on my next day off and bought it. Great guitar! I added pics of it in the Gallery area.

I was so impressed with the G&L quality and feel, I ended up picking up a ‘00 Comanche online. It has a messed up decal, but the rest is in great shape. Just needs some tweaking. Pics also added to the Gallery.

I’m still getting familiar with the site and as soon as I get a chance I will link some pics from the Gallery to here.

I’ve admired the Comanche for years but never came across one in person. Took a chance and am glad I did!

Welcome to our site! :greet:

I resized your Legacy headstock photo, because the image is too big. See this post: Welcome! Read This First. In there, you will find a link to our Tutorial: Posting photos which should help you get your photos posted here.

Looking forward to seeing more of you Legacy and pics of your Comanche.
When you get a chance, please add your G&L guitars to our G&L Registry.

Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Craig and Edg,

Thank you for the welcome! I’ve been struggling with the Gallery! I’ve already added the Legacy and corrected the Comanche’s existing registry entry (was listed as having a Birdseye maple when in fact it has a regular maple neck).

I’ll try to get those pics done correctly later tonight.

Thu May 30, 2019 8:29 am

Hi again! I got all my pics into the gallery but they are still too big (sorry). I’m at work now but will try to edit tonight if I can.

Thu May 30, 2019 7:15 pm

resize your pix using paint or some other photo program to < 1020 pixel, save that way, then post to gallery.

Thu May 30, 2019 7:20 pm

drjho7 wrote:resize your pix using paint or some other photo program to < 1020 pixel, save that way, then post to gallery.

If you are a Mac user you can use Preview->Tools->Adjust Size to resize to no bigger than 1024px X 1300px.

Looking forward to seeing your photos. :searching:

Thu May 30, 2019 9:43 pm

Many thanks for the extra help! Here we go! First up are some pics of the Legacy. The Comanche will be in the next post. :happy0065:

Thu May 30, 2019 9:54 pm

As promised, here are some quick pics of the Comanche. I bought it sight unseen from an online seller and the decal damage wasn't disclosed (I'd phoned the store to ask about condition and neck size and the salesman was helpful, but didn't mention the messed up decal). When I received it, you can imagine my surprise! Once I played it I was hooked though. So I called back and spoke with the manager and explained that I'd spoken with the G&L Factory (Memo was very helpful) and received a rough estimate of $200 or so for a new decal to be placed on it. The manager was all about customer service, so they refunded about $242 to cover my shipping and for my inconvenience! SO happy! I haven't totally ruled out getting the new decal put on it, but I may not, since it's got its own story to tell now! Here ya go:

Thanks for letting me share!

Fri May 31, 2019 4:53 am

Nice pair! Specially the Comanche. I’d pocket the 200 an live with the injured decal!

Fri May 31, 2019 1:32 pm

Thx! I don't think I too bad (forgot to mention it came with an unbranded hard case...). :alright: