Howdy from TEXAS!!!

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Hey Y'all!

Just ordered up an ASAT Classic from Tone Shop in Addison, TX yesterday. Love that place!

Here's my list of options,

Lake Placid Blue Metallic - LPBM
3-ply White pick guard - 3PW
Modern Classic Neck - MCNK
12” Radius - R12
Rosewood - RW
Medium Jumbo frets - MJF
Clear Satin Urethane on neck - CSN
Locking Tuners - LT
OLS body depth - OLS
Rear body contour (tummy cut) - RC

I can't wait for it to get here! They said 2 -3 months and I will be counting the days.

I've seen some other threads with pics from the factory and saying where they are going. It would be awesome if a pic would get posted when mine gets built and I can start my photo album of the guitar with that.

I also decided to pick up a Tribute Legacy in black with black pick guard and maple neck. Couldnt turn it down with a price of $399 and it was still brand new.

I have wanted a G&L to add to my stable for a while. Love their guitars and I look forward to many happy hours playing them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Howdy from TEXAS!!!

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Nice, look forward to seeing it :)

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:53 am

Here is the Tribute Legacy I picked up. I own a range of axes from an el cheapo no name 7/8 Strat body clone to a PRS CU 24 10 Top and I must say that I am TRULY impressed with this $399 guitar. I can only imagine what the Made in Fullerton one will be.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:42 pm

You picked some great options! I really like Lake Placid Blue (I ordered my LE-2 in LPB). OLS is great, my ASAT Classic S is OLS body, though I went with booth rear and arm contour. Looking forward to hearing your feedback and of course pictures!

Cheers, Dan

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:56 pm

I thought hard about going with the front contour, but really like the classic look of the flat front. Tough choice for sure and I figured if I hated not having it that much I can always have it cut and refinished later easier than the other way around. I also thought that with the thinner body I might not need it as much. How do you like yours compared to the traditional?

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 pm

congrats, Jeff, and welcome!
my 1st G&L was a trib Legacy, quite nice.
I especially liked the CLF-100 pickups, and the PTB tone controls.
yours looks a little like gilmore's black strat!

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:32 am

Looks good. I like my one Tribute, but I don't think it can hold a candle to the US models. So I think you'll be pleased :)

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 am

Jeff-H wrote:I thought hard about going with the front contour, but really like the classic look of the flat front. Tough choice for sure and I figured if I hated not having it that much I can always have it cut and refinished later easier than the other way around. I also thought that with the thinner body I might not need it as much. How do you like yours compared to the traditional?

To be honest, with the OLS a front contour it really isn't needed. I'm not necessarily a traditionalist, I went with Margarita Metallic, so I kind of like to look of the arm contour. I have quite a few guitars with slab bodies and in my opinion I really only notice and appreciate the contours when playing sitting down. When I'm standing I don't even notice. But the OLS is really nice. I'm glad they made that the standard now.