GREETINGS FROM ANNAPOLIS

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Hello. I am a guitar player and live in Annapolis, Maryland. I have a G&L Broadcaster that I bought new from a guitar store in Bakersfield, California in 1988. I have noticed comments on this forum for a few years to the effect that G&L only made 869 Broadcasters in 1985 and 1986 before the Gretsch lawsuit caused them to stop using the name. That number must be in error because the one I have is number 887. (BC00887). Does anyone know of any other G&L Broadcasters with higher serial numbers than 869?

Re: GREETINGS FROM ANNAPOLIS

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:57 pm

wessmore2006 wrote:Hello. I am a guitar player and live in Annapolis, Maryland. I have a G&L Broadcaster that I bought new from a guitar store in Bakersfield, California in 1988. I have noticed comments on this forum for a few years to the effect that G&L only made 869 Broadcasters in 1985 and 1986 before the Gretsch lawsuit caused them to stop using the name. That number must be in error because the one I have is number 887. (BC00887). Does anyone know of any other G&L Broadcasters with higher serial numbers than 869?

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Check out this post in our Rarebird section of the G&L Registry: Broadcaster. It also has the list of the ones which are
registered in the Registry. Also, check this post about serial numbers: Serial number significance, you will see that
serial numbers were not issued in sequence in the early years.

I see that your Broadcaster is listed in the G&L Registry but without an owner, so please do edit that registry entry and add yourself as the current owner.
Also, as we say, it does not exist without photographic proof, so please post some photos.
For posting photos, see: Welcome! Read This First and look for the link to the Tutorial on posting photos.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:16 am

Hey to you as well! I grew in Baltimore and used to go to Annapolis all the time. I'm in Dallas now and while I do love my steak, I miss the good seafood back east.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Welcome wessmore2006! We love pictures here and I'd sure we'd love to see that Broadcaster! Does your's have the maple or ebony fingerboard?

Cheers, Dan