Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:33 am

Just joined. Trying to find out about a Tribute guitar I might buy. Can't find it anywhere. Limited info on it as all I have is the pic. Still working on how to upload photos of it. Joined Flickr and registered on the other site . Awaiting confirmation to attempt upload. Hope someone will be able to identify this model.

Re: New member

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 am

Rest assured. Someone will be able to identify the model.

Edit: And welcome to the site!

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi FT360 :greet:

Welcome and we will help identify your Tribby. If you have a link to a eBay or similar ad that is a possible place. Describe as best you can as well.

What drew you to this G&L model?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 pm

sam wrote:Hi FT360 :greet:

Welcome and we will help identify your Tribby. If you have a link to a eBay or similar ad that is a possible place. Describe as best you can as well.

What drew you to this G&L model?

The word "tribute" above the logo. Had never seen it before. It has a black border with sunburst inside. It's part of an estate sale along with a few other different guitars.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Welcome FT360! Is the Tribute logo similar to this? If so, this would be an early Korean built Tribute model.

Is it Strat type or Tele type? What do the pickup look like? Traditional single coil size, split coil or Z shape? Large P90 looking with visible pole pieces? Box bridge, trem type bridge...

Welcome, Dan

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:35 am

Yeah that's what it looks like. ASAT classic Telecaster set up

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:44 am

I don't want to buy a knockoff thinking it's the real thing

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:25 am

It should be legit... It is a Korean made somewhere between 2003 and 2007. That is definately the original headstock logo. I don't know if Korea ever used the G&L Tribute Series logo (currently used) or if that was the change when it moved production to Indonesia in 2007.

See this link for more info.

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1284

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 am

It took awhile but I finally got photos up. I will never be accused of being overly smart