I'm coming from Canada (don't hold it against me).

Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm

:shocked028: I've posted twice, so far. I've been involved in music/guitar, since I was a kid (about 55 years ago). I have mostly sang; although, in 1964, I picked up my first accoustic guitar, mainly to accompany my singing (rhythm). At age 68, I figured it may be time to learn how to pick. It's not easy coordinating my strumming hand with my picking hand - and even tougher to find the right string to pick (being half blind doesn't help); but...I'll keep practicing until I reach some level of adeptness - and then continue to practice! I've always been rather poor; although, with all my music gear (I've found a lot of awesome deals), I feel rich! :banana: My latest G&L acquisition is no exception. I paid $150 for a really nice guitar! That's about it for now.

Re: I'm coming from Canada (don't hold it against me).

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:01 pm

welcome Randyfast!
never too late to get into it, and
good choice of guitar!
show us a few pics

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi Randyfast! :greet:

Welcome to this fine group of G&L living folks. Based on yer brief intro I want to hear more. Sounds like a long love of music and could be a new intro to G&L guitars. Is this the first G&L? We want to see pics of this one and others as well.

Jump in often, lots of knowledgeable folks round here, and input is appreciated.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:01 am

sam wrote:Hi Randyfast! :greet:

Welcome to this fine group of G&L living folks. Based on yer brief intro I want to hear more. Sounds like a long love of music and could be a new intro to G&L guitars. Is this the first G&L? We want to see pics of this one and others as well.

Jump in often, lots of knowledgeable folks round here, and input is appreciated.

Yes; this is my first G&L. I've always played acoustic guitar and just recently began playing electric. I've had a few electrics (am I allowed to mention other brands on this forum?). I had never heard of G&L. I saw one on Craigslist; did some research - and bought it! I also play around with saxophone, keyboard and V-drums. Here are a few photos of my latest acquisition:

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Sweet! :alright:

Rumor has it black guitars sound better...

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:15 am

sam wrote:Sweet! :alright:

I've heard they sound even better in the dark. :scared0016:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 am

sam wrote:Sweet! :alright:

I need to hear that a couple more times in my life :D

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am

Welcome to the G&L cult. And, nice choice on that Invader. It won't do you wrong.

Tom

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:41 am

FZTNT wrote:Welcome to the G&L cult. And, nice choice picking Bluehost every time and on that Invader. It won't do you wrong.

Tom

Love your Invader, Randy. You either researched it well or lucked out. Either way, great guitar.
Last edited by WilliamsR on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:37 am

Does that Invader have locking tuners?

Tom