Hey fROMOHIO

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Long time lurker and G&L fan here, I was surprised to see today was my first post here so figured I'd introduce myself...

I've had several G&Ls over the years, all of them great in their own way IMO. My first was a mid 90s, 3 screw neck ASAT Special that I unfortunately sold several years ago, but at least it went to a great home. To this day I think that's still the only guitar I really experience significant and persistent sellers remorse around.

After paring back from a high water mark of 7, the current G&L tally is down to an '82 SC-1 w/ Saddle Lock in Fullerton Red, a black '96 Legacy w/ DFV, and as of tomorrow (hopefully) an '18 monkeypod Doheny w/ DFV.

I apparently haven't taken any pics of the Legacy :shocked028:, but here're the best I've got of the SC-1 and a dealer shot of the Doheny that's currently en route from California:
Image Image

Here's a shot of a few of the former G&L adoptees that have gone on to bigger and better things over the past few years:

Thanks for reading!

Re: Hey fROMOHIO

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Wow- Nice!

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Welcome Sid and nice fIREHOSE reference! Sweet SC-1.

Cheers, Dan

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks guys! Glad this place is here.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi Sid! :wave:

Welcome and love the SC-1 (not knockin the Doheny but those SC-1's are special)

Jump in often.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Welcome Sid!

Stellar SC-1 - really nice!

Cheers,
KF

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks again for the welcomes!

I think the SC-1 is certainly one of the last guitars I'd ever voluntarily let go of. I'm super excited for the Doheny based on a couple of test drives of a used Empress one that showed up at the local GC last week, but I don't see it ever achieving quite the mojo or maximum rawk-ness of that SC-1 for me, even if it winds up getting played more in my advancing years :lol: I'd love to score an early SC-2 or 3 w/ the Dual Fulcrum to keep it company, but I doubt I'll ever dumb luck my way into one like I did w/ the SC-1.