Another hello from the South-West of Germany

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 am

Hello fellow GbLers,

my name is Peter and I'm visiting this forum regularly almost from the beginning on in the late 1990s.
I came in contact with G&L guitars in the late 1980s.
There was a shop in Ludwigsburg near Stuttgart, that was also the distributor in Germany at that time.
They had a lot of "Leo Fender Signature" ASAT Classics, ASATs, SC-3s an a lot more other stuff.

All the guitars I had once at a time and the ones, that are still in my possession, are registered here.
There is also the one or the other "Rarebird" registered, which are even rarer in Germany and hard to get.

I have no real preference for G&L guitars from certain years: the build quality is almost always outstanding, no matter what period.
Even the Tribute series guitars are nice and well built.

I hope, the G&L company keeps going on for a very long time as a "custom" guitar builder and that they'll always have new ideas for guitars like the "Doheny".
As i like the 3-bolt necks with the Micro-Tilt neck adjustment, I would gladly see the reintroduction of the Micro-Tilt neck adjustment, even with a 4-bolt neck.

Best regards from Germany, Peter

Re: Another hello from the South-West of Germany

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:58 am

Hi Peter :thumbup:

Welcome and welcome back if you were on the old GLDP page. Sounds like you have seen some great G&L’ s in Germany and hopefully more will cross yer path. Agree with you on G&L built quality etc., and like the micro tilt return with three bolt, or even 4 bolt.

Post pictures of yer guitars, would love to see the rare birds. Come round often.

Re: Another hello from the South-West of Germany

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:47 pm

welcome, Peter.
you mentioned Ludwigsburg.
I'm a big Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays fan, and am enchanted by the Lyle Mays release "The Ludwigsburg Concert", recorded 1993, and released November 2016, an absolutely amazing recording of Lyle's Jazz, European style (sans guitar), a little like some of the '70's Keith Jarrett stuff (My Song), classic Lyle, when there isn't much of his to come by these days.