New to G&L from down under with a Red Sparkle Invader.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:29 am

G'day,

I'm Chris from Sydney Australia and I have bought myself a second hand Invader in Red Sparkle, I don't really know much about the guitar as it didn't come with any paperwork (a bit risky). It has a US Floyd Rose trem, Seymour Duncan humbuckers in the Bridge and Neck(coil split toggle switch), G&L single coil in the middle and it is in very good condition.

I look forward to making the most of this guitar and this forum, Cheers.

[timage="800,1200"]ImageG&L Invader Red Sparkle by Chris Tonkin, on Flickr[/timage]

[timage="867,1300"]ImageG&L Invader Head Stock Front by Chris Tonkin, on Flickr[/timage]

[timage="867,1300"]ImageG&L Invader Head Stock Back by Chris Tonkin, on Flickr[/timage]

Re: New to G&L from down under with a Red Sparkle Invader.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 am

Welcome, Chris! :wave:

What you have is an Invader Plus in Red Metal Flake. See: Album: 1998 G&L Catalog.
Thanks for adding it to our G&L Registry (I updated the entry).

It is a beauty! :thumbup:

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Thank you Craig.

It looks like my middle pickup has been swapped out for a regular single coil and the bar that holds the strings down after the nut is closer to the nut.
Other than that it's a match and Red Metal Flake is a much better name for the colour. The only other thing is how do I find out when it was made and
can I get a replacement certificate of authenticity for an older guitar?

Cheers.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:00 pm

TC_off wrote:Thank you Craig.

It looks like my middle pickup has been swapped out for a regular single coil and the bar that holds the strings down after the nut is closer to the nut.
Other than that it's a match and Red Metal Flake is a much better name for the colour. The only other thing is how do I find out when it was made and

Cheers.

I've never done it, but there is info about getting a certificate of authenticity at https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/products/replacement-certificate-of-authenticity. It says it's for 1992 or later. You can also email their parts department just to get the date it was built, but I would think you would also get that info if you tried to get a new certificate. By the way, I'm in Adelaide.
Last edited by dhgleaves on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 pm

dhgleaves wrote:
TC_off wrote:Thank you Craig.

Cheers.

I've never done it, but there is info about getting a certificate of authenticity at https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/products/replacement-certificate-of-authenticity. It says it's for 1992 or later. You can also email their parts department just to get the date it was built, but I would think you would also get that info if you tried to get a new certificate. By the way, I'm in Adelaid.

The Certificate of Authenticity does not have the build date included in the document.

Instruments build in February 2011 and later come with the Custom Build Specifications or Build Specification sheet which includes the completion date.

You should contact Repairs/Tech Support at repairs@glguitars.com and ask them to look up your serial number to get the build date. See: http://glguitars.com/support/#149870640 ... e7eb8-e9d8 .

Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Good to see other Aussie G&L owners.

I will definitely be getting a certificate of authenticity just so the guitar can stay genuine, it still had the plastic on the rear cavity covers like it had not been used much.
Thanks Craig I'll shoot them an email and see if I can get a build date, having that would be great.

Thanks for the help.