Longtime lurker, first time poster!

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Hey all! I've been a member of the G&L family since 2007, when I got my hands on my first ASAT Classic in Candy Apple Red (long since gone, sadly). I'm now the proud owner of a 2000 ASAT Classic (Butterscotch), a 2017 ASAT Thinline (Himalayan Blue), and most recently, a 2005 ASAT Z-3 (3-Tone Sunburst), which I'm really digging. Hoping to eventually add a Bluesboy, Comanche, and Doheny to the mix in the coming years. Just wanted to say hello!

Here's a pic of my newest addition:<deleted this link because the link check comes up RED and we don't allow links which fail the link check with RED status.>
Last edited by Craig on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link which RED failed the link check

Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster!

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 pm

The_Nork wrote:Hey all! I've been a member of the G&L family since 2007, when I got my hands on my first ASAT Classic in Candy Apple Red (long since gone, sadly). I'm now the proud owner of a 2000 ASAT Classic (Butterscotch), a 2017 ASAT Thinline (Himalayan Blue), and most recently, a 2005 ASAT Z-3 (3-Tone Sunburst), which I'm really digging. Hoping to eventually add a Bluesboy, Comanche, and Doheny to the mix in the coming years. Just wanted to say hello!

Here's a pic of my newest addition: <deleted this link because the link check comes up RED and we don't allow links which fail the link check with RED status.>

As posted in our Welcome! Read This First post (Forum rules):
IMPORTANT- Posting External Links: BEFORE you post any external link, you must check the link
using the instructions in this post: How to check links using the urlvoid website.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Doh! I thought I was doing it right. Didn't realize that Dropbox files are flagged. Let's try this again (using Flickr)! Here are my G&Ls:

2000 ASAT Classic (Butterscotch): https://www.flickr.com/photos/140771729@N06/shares/4nz78M
2017 ASAT Classic Thinline (Himalayan Blue): https://www.flickr.com/photos/140771729@N06/shares/N5D6m5
2005 ASAT Z-3 (3-Tone Sunburst): https://www.flickr.com/photos/140771729@N06/shares/9Q272U

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:37 pm

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Here are my G&Ls:

Glad to be joining you all here in the forums!

Best,
Trevor
Last edited by The_Nork on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Sweet bunch you have their Trevor. Welcome out of the shadows!

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Nice looking trio Trevor, and welcome to the cult...uh I mean club. :wave:

You are getting some G&L bases covered and I don't think you have to be told, G&L guitars are very addictive. The ones on yer wish list will sit next to these three nicely.

Glad you came out of the cloak and dagger world, jump in often always looking for new ideas and input.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:39 am

Sweet trio Trevor! I especially dig that thinline. I'd be inteested to hear more about the Z-3. I'm pretty impressed how well the Z coils work with overdrive and fuzz pedals.

Cheers and welcome, Dan

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks all!
My thinline is super light and probably sounds the most like a vintage tele-- it's got some nice twang to it. And gosh, I love that Himalayan Blue color. The Z-3 is awesome-- no noise from the pickups, and it takes pedals like a champ. I just ordered a Will Ray Z-coil bridge to give it a bit more umph (it sounds great with the stock pickup, but I found that I had to have the height set really close to the strings to not sound thin compared to the neck and middle). Comps some nice strat sounds in the 2 and 4 positions, and of course the push-pull option adds a couple more tonal flavors to the mix. I'm not a strat guy, but I really dig being able to tap some of those sounds if the spirit moves me.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Trevor you will be surprised and very pleased with the difference by adding a Will Ray bridge pickup to your Z3. :thumbup:

I did it to my semi hollow Z3 and loved it so much I got a Will Ray model as well. The fact I think Will wrote the book on b-bender twang and truly dig the Hellecasters played into that purchase as well. I'm not a "strat Guy" either but with a little experimenting you will find tons of noise free fun with the Z coils. Let us know what you think when it's put in.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Will do (no pun intended), Sam! My Z3 is semi-hollow as well. Very excited to see how it shapes up!