New Fallout fan :)

Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 am

Hi guys,
Introducing myself to the forum. I'm an happy Tribute Fallout owner since one year and a half ago. I wanted an alternative guitar, but not too much alternative and with a P90 sound, I found the Fallout and I loved it first sight :luv:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HLx96aofRUZYIbDg2

I re-built the circuit with some mods:

1. New alpha log pots
  2. "Bright" switch on P90 (high pass filter)
  3. Series/parallel switch on the Humbucker (I don't like push/pull)
  4. Black pot covers

I run the guitar into a Vox AC15 CC1X, an Ibanez TSA15 or a Laney CUB10 and it does sound very good in all those amps!
Now I'm planning another couple of mods, but I'll post about them in the proper forum section!

bye,

Re: New Fallout fan :)

Tue May 29, 2018 6:53 am

Welcome ibelva! Some sweet mods you've done. Especially think the bright switch on the P90 is a great idea. I originally was in the market for a Fallout when they came out, but ended up with an LE-2 (MFD loaded Fallout type). The SC/Fallout/LE-2 is still my favorite shape in the G&L stable.

Love to here your impressions of the before and after mods.

Cheers,
Dan

Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 am

Hi WitSok,
I can't tello you the impressions before the mods, because I only kept the guitar "mint" for a few days, then I modded it and a year and a half passed since. I couldn't really stand that loose tone pot!
Anyway the "bright" switch works like a charm, I use it when I connect to a "dark" amp or for rhythm with overdrives, it really helps to "demud" the sound.
The rest of the mods I think are more a matter of personal taste than anything else, I really prefer black pot covers on this guitar (next time I'll open it I think I'll also swap the dpdt chrome switches with black ones).
Anyway I posted about the next mods I'm willing to do on hte Fallout here: http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15327

bye,

Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 am

Tell us more about the Alpha pots...you mentioned in another post that they are 'harder to move'. What advantages over the stock pots do you find?

Tue May 29, 2018 8:28 am

Hi,
soundwise there is no difference to me with the classic CTS. I used the Alpha ones on the Fallout because they are smaller (easier to work with the 2 extra dpdt switches I added) and because they are a bit harder to move and, with a numbered pot cap, it's easier for me to dial the sounds.
A little explanation: sometimes I like to set the sound (a crunchy or overdriven one) with the volume at 7/8 and the use the "full power" as a boost. I play this way mainly when I'm with friends or at home, when I'm using no pedals.

bye,