Two G&L's makes it official..

Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello!
I just picked up my second G&L, pictured below. It is a USA Legacy, perhaps one of the less expensive Fullerton Standard series from 2006-2008 (help me out here, if you know better than I do). Sorry the pic is a little blurry.
My other guitar by Leo is a 2011 SC-2 in Himalayan Blue. I love it but have been wanting to try a PTB equipped guitar forever, and I must say that with the Legacy I am loving this feature even more than I knew I would!

I'm happy to be finally 'officially' joining this board, as I've found it to be a great resource.

-Ryan

ImageUntitled by Rye Bird, on Flickr

Re: Two G&L's makes it official..

Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 am

Welcome! :wave:

It is a USA Legacy, perhaps one of the less expensive Fullerton Standard series from 2006-2008

It sure could be, see this post: Re: Legacy Question....
BTW, G&L started up the Fullerton Series again (ASAT Classic and Legacy) in 2017, see: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA).

Please do post photos of your SC-2, too. And, do add them to our G&L Registry.

Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 am

Thanks Craig. I'm still getting used to this site as well as photo hosting in general but will try to get more pics of both guitars up soon.

I'd looked at all the threads I could find on here relating to the Fullerton Standard series, and that is where I got the idea that that's what I have here. It actually shipped to me in a Gibson gig bag, with no tremolo or paperwork. The nut is plastic, and I didn't notice any difference with the saddles. Got the guitar for about $700 shipped so I'm pretty pleased with it. I should say, pretty pleased with the price, incredibly pleased with the guitar. :)

Sat May 12, 2018 6:01 am

Welcome Salty! Sharp Legacy. Love to see the SC-2. While I don't own a SC-2, I'd suspect it would be my favorite. Love the large MFDs in my ASAT Special Deluxe and love the SC shape (I have an LE-2). So in my opion the SC-2 is a combination of the best!

Cheers, Dan

Sat May 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks Dan, I do love my SC-2 and like you am a superfan of the body shape. I've seen the le-2 and love how they look, but hadn't realized until now what exactly they were. Thought it was just a custom fallout. I bet they sound incredible. My thing right now is that I've been really wanting that classic vintage chime, as well as the crazy flexibility of the Legacy. I really wish my SC-2 had the PTB wiring so I could get more out of that neck pickup. I was considering adding a concentric tone knob, but then I caved on this Legacy.

Fri May 25, 2018 4:46 pm

So classy/tasteful. Love it!

Sun May 27, 2018 4:41 pm

Color matched cream trim is actually really hard to come by. Most manufacturers don't do it because the pup covers, knobs, and pick guard seldom end up the same hue. Very tasteful and very well done!

Let's see that SC-2 next!