Picked up a G&L again

Fri May 04, 2018 8:56 am

Hi folks -

I picked up my second G&L yesterday - a 2012 G&L Legacy (USA.) I don't have the first one anymore.

This one is Alder and lighter by a good stretch than the original one, which was Swamp Ash.

Figured I should sign up here and see what's happening.

FYI, the other two guitars I have are both Gibsons. I chose the G&L over a Strat.

Re: Picked up a G&L again

Fri May 04, 2018 9:33 am

Welcome ! Feel free to post a picture of your Legacy, we never tire of looking at G&L's around here.....I have Gibson's too , I will teach you the secret handshake later.

Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 am

Assault Bacon wrote:Hi folks -

I picked up my second G&L yesterday - a 2012 G&L Legacy (USA.) I don't have the first one anymore.

This one is Alder and lighter by a good stretch than the original one, which was Swamp Ash.

Figured I should sign up here and see what's happening.

FYI, the other two guitars I have are both Gibsons. I chose the G&L over a Strat.

Welcome! :wave:

Please do post a photo or two, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.
And, don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry, too.

Fri May 04, 2018 10:28 pm

Welcome AssaultBacon ! ... Always choose G&L over a Fender Strat .... let us see it !! \m/

Mon May 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Thanks everyone -

This is her after some scrubbing and scraping (the fretboard was pretty caked.)

Also, my tension screws for the vibrato apparently have arrived in my mailbox. The previous owner didn't know where to get them.

Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Nice looking Legacy !... Metal plate serial number too ! ( not made any longer after Feb 2017 ) Now the serials are laser etched on the wood ( ex. CLF xxxxxxx Fullerton, California )... Thanks for sharing \m/