My First G&L

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:56 pm

I was originally shopping around for a Fender Strat. Specifically a Dakota Red '89 with Maple Neck. Everytime I ran into a chance of buying one, it was always "We just sold it". Then one day, I walk into this very small boutique shop and I see this absolutely beautiful sky blue Strat with Rosewood neck, only to find out it wasn't a Strat but a G&L Legacy! I never thought I'd run into one as EVERY guitar store in my area do not carry G&L..or so I thought.
I grabbed the guitar off the wall and jumped into a room to test it out. I was always curious as to what the pickups would sound like in person and needless to say, I was absolutely impressed. Although the 2 and 4 positions werent as "creamy" as a Strats, I feel like theres a specific "pop" sound I get every time I pluck a string. The best way I can explain it is the sound of when you hear an electrical outlet spark...but for a VERY quick moment before the sound rings out. As the sound rings out I noticed it's a lot sharper than a Strat sound and I didnt realize how much more I would love the tone. I gave myself some time and went around to different shops and boutiques to play Rosewood Strats. After a week of playing different Strats and with the original goal being finding a Dakota Red Maple Neck Strat, I ended up going back to the small boutique shop and purchasing my very first Himalayan Blue Rosewood Neck G&L Legacy!

EDIT: Added a picture of my Legacy

Last edited by j2tc on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My First G&L

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Congrats and welcome. Himalayan Blue is one of my favourites. Somewhere there is a guide to how to post pictures here. In a nutshell, you upload them somewhere else and put the link here. You can put them in the gallery though, and then post the link here.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:18 am

Welcome! And congrats. :sign0011: :sign0011:

- Jos

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:26 am

Welcome- sounds like you picked the best one

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:35 pm

That is a great story. Actually, the first G&L I ever played with a blue/rosewood Legacy plugged into the store's Rivera 40 watt amp. Just a magical combination. Congrats and welcome to the family!

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 pm

j2tc wrote:I was originally shopping around for a Fender Strat. Specifically a Dakota Red '89 with Maple Neck. Everytime I ran into a chance of buying one, it was always "We just sold it". Then one day, I walk into this very small boutique shop and I see this absolutely beautiful sky blue Strat with Rosewood neck, only to find out it wasn't a Strat but a G&L Legacy! I never thought I'd run into one as EVERY guitar store in my area do not carry G&L..or so I thought.
I grabbed the guitar off the wall and jumped into a room to test it out. I was always curious as to what the pickups would sound like in person and needless to say, I was absolutely impressed. Although the 2 and 4 positions werent as "creamy" as a Strats, I feel like theres a specific "pop" sound I get every time I pluck a string. The best way I can explain it is the sound of when you hear an electrical outlet spark...but for a VERY quick moment before the sound rings out. As the sound rings out I noticed it's a lot sharper than a Strat sound and I didnt realize how much more I would love the tone. I gave myself some time and went around to different shops and boutiques to play Rosewood Strats. After a week of playing different Strats and with the original goal being finding a Dakota Red Maple Neck Strat, I ended up going back to the small boutique shop and purchasing my very first Himalayan Blue Rosewood Neck G&L Legacy!

I would post a picture, but being new to this forum, I cant seem to figure it out. Little help?

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Click on the Forum rules and you will get this post: Welcome! Read This First.
Look for the Tutorials section and click on the Tutorial: Posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing your Legacy and don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Thanks for all the welcoming messages. I added a picture of my guitar in the original post!

Hope you guys like it. I know this journey will be wonderful with this Legacy by my side.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:37 am

Yep, that's it! Looks great j2tc. Play it in good health!

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:01 pm

I like stories in which sound goes over look and color... :-)

Tue May 01, 2018 8:50 am

meursault wrote:I like stories in which sound goes over look and color... :-)

+1

Wed May 02, 2018 12:06 pm

Great looking Legacy j2tc , Welcome to the family !! \m/