View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New to the family 

Post New to the family
Hi all -
New forum member checking in.

I have been in the market for a good S-type guitar for a while due the needs of my music, but I've always thought the standard Strat sound to be a bit thin.
After some research I decided a S-500 would be a good option. I've been disappointed with the quality of some newer Fender guitars and it seems like every year you are paying more for less guitar.

After mulling over all of the available options (one of the things that I like about G&L) I ordered a S-500 with my chosen specs and needless to say I'm excited for it to land in 4-6 weeks.
I look forward to reporting back with my impressions when that time comes.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Post Re: New to the family
Geezy,
Welcome to the club! I've been a Strat guy forever. Got my first G&L ASAT (telecaster) in 95 and another in 2012. Both were a lot stronger than my Fender Custom Shop Tele. I had no complaints with my Strats... until I got a new Legacy a few weeks ago. I think you'll be really pleased with the S-500. The PTB controls take a little bit of learning time but then become very logical and are a nice change from the tone controls on the Strat.

I look forward to your review on your new guitar.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]