View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Another new guy here... 

Post Another new guy here...
Hello everyone, G&L newby here, I recently purchased a Doheny and I love it! Swamp Ash, sunburst, saddle lock bridge and according to my bathroom scale it only weighs 7.2 lbs.! It was obviously lighter then my Tele from the moment I removed it from the case. I can't wait to put in some quality practice time this weekend.

On a side note, why does the guitar (case?) smell like vanilla? :luv:

Dave

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 am

Post Re: Another new guy here...
Vanilla beans are a standard addition to each and every new G&L case! Didn't you know that??

I have no idea why it smells that way, but it could smell much worse! Welcome aboard from another G&L n00b.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks! I ordered a tortoise pickguard to replace the original white. Once the new pickguard is in place I will post a picture.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm

The smell you get after opening a new Tolex case on a new G&L guitar ( Rampage for me ) , only means you're one step away from holding a piece of Heaven in your hands \m/

Marshall MX 412A Cabinet
Dunlop JC95 Cantrell Wah
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Gibson Les Paul Pure Nickel Strings 9-42
Dunlop Electrics Strings 10-46

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:42 am

My 88 Strat plus which I am the original owner of, came in a hardshell case that smelled like vanilla. It still has that vanilla scent when I open the case.

At the time I purchased it, I was working with industrial adhesives, and knew that some companies added the scent to their adhesives to mask the otherwise chemical odor of the adhesive. My assumption at the time was Fender had added the scent to the adhesive they were using to glue the lining down in the case.

I expect that is the case (pun intended).

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]