Brendooon says G'day...

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi folks,
I'm very pleased to be here!
In the past I spent more time on the Hammond forums. Got a nice amp made from a mid 60's organ amp in fact. Suits the G&L to the ground.

I've had my S-500 for more than a quarter century now: the sound has aged very nicely, its lost the sterile harshness it had when I got it: beeeautiful!
Can't get these babies here in New Zealand any more, makes it interesting trying to insure the thing!
A tribute S-500 costs the same now as an original back in 1990 did.
I've discovered a little quirk with the passive bass control which I haven't found discussed anywhere on the web, so I'll pop over to the forum later and see if anyone else has come across it.
Cheers,
-B

Re: Brendooon says G'day...

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Brendoon wrote:Hi folks,
I'm very pleased to be here!
In the past I spent more time on the Hammond forums. Got a nice amp made from a mid 60's organ amp in fact. Suits the G&L to the ground.

I've had my S-500 for more than a quarter century now: the sound has aged very nicely, its lost the sterile harshness it had when I got it: beeeautiful!
Can't get these babies here in New Zealand any more, makes it interesting trying to insure the thing!
A tribute S-500 costs the same now as an original back in 1990 did.
I've discovered a little quirk with the passive bass control which I haven't found discussed anywhere on the web, so I'll pop over to the forum later and see if anyone else has come across it.
Cheers,
-B

G'day Brendooon (or is it Brendoon).

So where do you live in NZ? I used to live in Christchurch, and I sold two SC3s on Trademe. Of course, now I regret having sold them, but at least it may mean they are floating around there somewhere. There's a fair number here in Oz, although there's only one dealer.

David
Last edited by dhgleaves on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Brendooon says G'day...

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Cheers David!
Christchurch it is.
Music Planet here deals in G&L's but I think they only bring in tributes.
Reckon I should go an' post my question in this here forum, coffee's nearly ready.