Hi Everyone...I'm back finally

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Ok. I've been gone for a while. This week I tuned up all my guitars (more than a dozen)...and got around to my G&Ls. I have an older (1995) ASAT Classic I bought new and a 2012 ASAT Classic S (NENA Honey Are) I bought new when they first came out.

I cannot believe how simply outstanding these guitars are. I've been spending time with a Custom Shop Telecaster I bought and a couple of PRS SE guitars I forgot I had purchased...

I've just spent 6 hours with my two G&Ls. New strings, new setup new pickup adjustment. Played them both a bunch. Everything else is now back in their cases except for the G&Ls

Forgive me... I am back and fell in love all over again!

Question: I'd like to hear comments on the ASAT Bluesboy... positive or negative. I'm thinking it is next on the wish list.

Re: Hi Everyone...I'm back finally

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 pm

My son has a Bluesboy- loves that thing. (and so do I)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 am

Hey Jeff :wave:

Welcome back! Good to see your name on the threads again.

Sympathize with the time to re-string etc., always good to do and reminds us of how much we love these G&L guitars.

I am a fan of the Bluesboy design, even though I don't have a proper Bluesboy but a few adaptations, see below. Of the three my favorite is the ASAT with Gagon Bluesboy neck pup, close second is the Bluesboy 90 next and old ASAT Custom third. The extra muscle in the 90 makes it a rock machine. (thanks to Jag for efforts). The parts ASAT is a boosted ASAT and the Gagon pup gives warmer but not as much gain as the 90. You can surely find a Bluesboy you like. :searching:

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am

coloradojeff wrote:Ok. I've been gone for a while. This week I tuned up all my guitars (more than a dozen)...and got around to my G&Ls. I have an older (1995) ASAT Classic I bought new and a 2012 ASAT Classic S (NENA Honey Are) I bought new when they first came out.

I cannot believe how simply outstanding these guitars are. I've been spending time with a Custom Shop Telecaster I bought and a couple of PRS SE guitars I forgot I had purchased...

I've just spent 6 hours with my two G&Ls. New strings, new setup new pickup adjustment. Played them both a bunch. Everything else is now back in their cases except for the G&Ls

Forgive me... I am back and fell in love all over again!

Question: I'd like to hear comments on the ASAT Bluesboy... positive or negative. I'm thinking it is next on the wish list.

"and a couple of PRS SE guitars I forgot I had purchased... " :confused0007: :crazy: How does this happen?

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:38 am

Jeff,

Welcome back.

The Bluesboy was first produced at the request of Tim Page and Buffalo Bros Guitars. Great guitar in my opinion.

y2kc

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 pm

Thanks for the kind words and expertise....

That Green Bluesboy guitar is drop dead gorgeous. That would be in my house instantly!

Wish G&Ls weren't so hard to find in the stores....oh well, thrill of the hunt.

Thanks!!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:41 pm

RE: My comment about the PRS guitars. They're both SE models (Korean built)...but exceptional guitars. I bought one of them when I was moving back to Colorado and our stuff (including all my gear) was in storage... I went out and bought a PRS SE Custom 24 and a BlackStar amp. After we bought the house and my stuff was delivered, I lent that Custom 24 to a friend who has had it for the last 4 years. He came to visit and returned the guitar..in perfect condition...so it was kind of like "New Guitar Day". Frankly, I'd forgotten about it...

jeff