hi from ohio asat special

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Just wanted to say nice site and thanks for the add. I own a Daytona yellow ss semis. I bought it used not sure why other than used it's cheaper then most g&ls it was in 800 us dollar range.
I play bass but just started back on guitar.

again thanks for the add.
Last edited by joker222 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: hi from ohio asat classic ss seris

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 pm

joker222 wrote:Just wanted to say nice site and thanks for the add. I own a Daytona yellow ss semis. I bought it used not sure why other than used it's cheaper then most g&ls it was in 800 us dollar range.
I play bass but just started back on guitar.

again thanks for the add.

Welcome to our site. :wave:

We would love to see photos of your guitar. For posting photos see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Regarding the Detroit Muscle Series instruments, see: The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: Collection Specifications.

Looking forward to seeing your Daytona Yellow ASAT Classic Bluesboy 90. :searching:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 pm

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... I1MW4yTmpR

I hate cell phones but hopefully these will be good. I love cameras.

it's the 2014 Daytona ss

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 pm

joker222 wrote:https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNW3Jq2w077HQXfkJ0DUr4PHqQirPL1y1gZduIJMoPhhiDiQ_K83GiJibGJ7wqw9g/photo/AF1QipO17uWf00sATD8kzCXpLNUIotMjM636TRvbWPrB?key=LVhyMGVvVlhDZWU5UXdWMUJYSGxDUUI1MW4yTmpR

I hate cell phones but hopefully these will be good. I love cameras.

it's the 2014 Daytona ss

The model name is ASAT Special best I can tell from your photos. Perhaps you could take some photos with your camera as the 1st is very blurry and the other one is really washed out.
I corrected your Registry entry to reflect the right model, bridge type and fretboard wood.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am

I got the paper work in font me t which is the g&l cert :happy0065: . Hope this helps he neck is maple with ebony alder is the wood pickups are jumbo single coil
standard tuners. plek number 19395, frets are medium jumbo.

Sorry for the registry error and thanks for the fix. i admit I should've had the paper work when i registered ,and I still can't find that camera lmao... :happy0007:

I'm loving this site more and more.

Re: hi from ohio asat special

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:58 am

The ASAT Specials are great guitars! The jumbo MFDs are Special. The Daytona Yellow is pretty cool too. Congratulations and enjoy your SS Collection ASAT Special.

Cheers, Dan

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:25 am

WitSok wrote:The ASAT Specials are great guitars! The jumbo MFDs are Special. The Daytona Yellow is pretty cool too. Congratulations and enjoy your SS Collection ASAT Special.

Cheers, Dan

Thanks it was that or g&l legacy they had for the same price still not sure if I made better chose.
They were both the same price. I don't work for the store or anything but here is the legacy
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/GL/Leg ... 3748498.gc

Hopefully I didn't break a rule already.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 am

joker222 wrote:
WitSok wrote:The ASAT Specials are great guitars! The jumbo MFDs are Special. The Daytona Yellow is pretty cool too. Congratulations and enjoy your SS Collection ASAT Special.

Cheers, Dan

Thanks it was that or g&l legacy they had for the same price steel not sure if I made better chose.
They were both the same price. I don't work for the store or anything but here is the legacy

I sent the serial number you entered into our G&L Registry to a contact at the factory to get the specifics and he said it is missing a digit. Can you email me (mcdewey49@gmail.com) with the full serial number?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 am

email sent can't thank you and apologize enough for the mistakes.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 pm

joker222 wrote:email sent can't thank you and apologize enough for the mistakes.

No problem. I heard back from Spencer:

Hi Craig,

That's showing as

ASTSP-DMS-DAYT

So yes, Detroit Muscle Series, Ebony Board, Painted Headstock. It shows as a special not a classic though.

Completed on 6/23/14

Thanks,

Spencer

BTW, the Ebony fretboard makes this one unique for this series because Rosewood fretboard was the specification for the DMS collection guitar models.
See: The G&L Detroit Muscle Series: Collection Specifications..

I will update the Registry entry.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Not to start debate did the classic have ebony frets i think store listed it wrong that was where i got confused. Oh well I couldn't figure out why the classic was more money used on other sites. Hey I"m happy i got a g&l had the fender for 20 years love it ,so couldn't wait to try a g&l

It's funny when I bought my bass it was toss up between the prophecy or a g&l something bass.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 pm

joker222 wrote:Not to start debate did the classic have ebony frets i think store listed it wrong that was where i got confused. Oh well I couldn't figure out why the classic was more money used on other sites. Hey I"m happy i got a g&l had the fender for 20 years love it ,so couldn't wait to try a g&l

It's funny when I bought my bass it was toss up between the prophecy or a g&l something bass.

For the DMS Collection Series models they were all supposed to have Rosewood fretboards, so perhaps the store did have it listed incorrectly. Once you find your camera, please post some photos so
we can see which fretboard wood you actually have. On most G&L US standard production models, the fretboard wood has some options (Maple, Rosewood or Ebony).

Update: From joker222's new photos I believe that the fretboard wood is Rosewood and that would match the specs for this guitar. See this thread: viewtopic.php?p=101111#p101111.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added update note.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

I updated the photos in the link hopefully there much clearer. I had to re update didn't wan to post a new one so hopefully these pics will work.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:35 pm

heres the link I guess the one link went down https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... I1MW4yTmpR
sorry about that

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:16 pm

joker222 wrote:heres the link I guess the one link went down https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... I1MW4yTmpR
sorry about that

Here are some of the photos inline:

The fretboard wood looks like Rosewood to me and that would match the specs for the DMS Collection guitars.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:59 pm

joker222 wrote:

Cheers, Dan

Thanks it was that or g&l legacy they had for the same price still not sure if I made better chose.

Personally, I think you made the better choice. In my opinion the jumbo MFD is hard to beat. The have great clarity, string separation, wide frequency range, respond to volume, tone control, and effects. They are my favorite G&L pickups. So far I really like all the MFD, but the large one are tops.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 am

WitSok wrote:
joker222 wrote:

Cheers, Dan

Personally, I think you made the better choice. In my opinion the jumbo MFD is hard to beat. The have great clarity, string separation, wide frequency range, respond to volume, tone control, and effects. They are my favorite G&L pickups. So far I really like all the MFD, but the large one are tops.

Thanks one less thing to worry about :thumbup:

I admit not much of a guitar buff ,but recently been reading more aobut them. Hopefully I'll buy a g&l bass within the year.