Hi everyone

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 pm

First G&L guitar for me. I picked up a USA ASAT Special from Musician's Friend last week. I was looking at used ASATs on ebay but they had a great deal on SDOTD so I bit . I was a little surprised and disappointed though when it came in a gig bag instead of a case like they advertised. I do really like the guitar though so I'm gonna keep it and they are sending out a MF case since they don't stock the G&L case (unfortunately). I do have a question though. Are all USA ASAT guitars Pleked? The spec sheet I got with my guitar does not have any PLEK information on it. Seems kinda weird because every other spec sheet I can find online shows PLEK info. Hope I didn't get taken and for some reason they sold me a lower quality model.

Re: Hi everyone

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Sounds like the SDOTD is similar to the Fullerton Standard program- no frills, but USA made. Sorry to see MF mismanage your expectations on the case versus gig bag. You will be very happy with the AXE, I am confident of that.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 am

daveg62 wrote:First G&L guitar for me. I picked up a USA ASAT Special from Musician's Friend last week. I was looking at used ASATs on ebay but they had a great deal on SDOTD so I bit . I was a little surprised and disappointed though when it came in a gig bag instead of a case like they advertised. I do really like the guitar though so I'm gonna keep it and they are sending out a MF case since they don't stock the G&L case (unfortunately). I do have a question though. Are all USA ASAT guitars Pleked? The spec sheet I got with my guitar does not have any PLEK information on it. Seems kinda weird because every other spec sheet I can find online shows PLEK info. Hope I didn't get taken and for some reason they sold me a lower quality model.

Welcome! :wave:

G&L changed the Custom Build Specifications sheet recently. It is now called the SPECIFICATIONS sheet. They changed the SETUP AND PLAYABILITY section to OTHER and
now just include the Strings and Case information plus the Competion Date.

All US built G&L instruments continue to be Plek'd as before.

Regarding Musician's Friend they are notorious for having mistakes on their website, especially on their Exclusive Tribute models.
Because of these mistakes (which I pointed out to G&L Sales) I posted this in our G&L Knowledgebase: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models,
which has the corrected specifications. I am glad to hear that MF did agree to send you a case.

We would love to see your ASAT Special, so post some photos [It does not exist without photos ;) ]. Also, please add your guitar to our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi Dave and a big welcome to both the G&L and ASAT club. :greet:

Look forward to hearing how this guitar and you get along. Drop in often, lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks round here.

Post pics when you can, we love to look at guitars.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:05 am

Thank you so much for the replies. Great info and I feel much better knowing the inside scoop. I am getting along just fine with this guitar. The neck and set-up are just perfect, I think I will be playing this guitar a lot. I will post some pictures when I get a chance (quite busy right now with the holidays)