taking delivery of used Legacy tomorrow

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:43 am

Just to introduce myself briefly. Started playing on Gibsons with Marshall stacks in the 1974... bought my first Fender Am Std tele in 2000 and quickly wondered what I'd ever seen in Gibsons! Lol, I still love my Gibsons, but the Tele became my go-to guitar. In fact, I went to the store in 2000 to buy a Strat, but after trying every one in the shop, I walked out with the Tele. No idea why, now, but the Tele just sounded and played better to my ears.

Ten years ago, I was diagnosed with a neurological disorder which has affected my brain-fingers coordination and my motor skills, so I play a lot less well than I used to. Thing is that playing is the only thing that keeps me going and distracts me from the head pain and tinnitus which are the main symptoms I experience.

So I recently decided to sell some of my guitars that I no longer play -- always a hard thing to do. I'll probably end up moving two or three acoustics and one electric. Perhaps ultimately even my ES-335, but as I said, a hard thing to do. Anyway, this galvanised me again to the idea of acquiring a nice Strat. Then I remembered some friends telling me years ago about G&Ls, so I started researching everything I could about them. I decided I'd go for the USA Legacy. Except that in the UK where I now live, they are bloody hard to find! I'd almost given up and was ready to spring for a '94 40th Anniversary Strat when I caught wind of a Legacy for sale.

It'll be delivered tomorrow. Black with what I think is a brown tortoise shell pickguard, in near mint condition. The shop told me it was probably mid-1990s, but after checking this forum and the Registry thoroughly, I'm sure it's later than that: Serial number is CLF27331. I'll post in a separate thread on that to hopefully gain some insight from the forum members!

So really looking forward to getting the Legacy!

Re: taking delivery of used Legacy tomorrow

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:12 am

Tony,

You should like that guitar. Set it up to your liking and enjoy!

Welcome and tell us how you like the Legacy.

y2kc