Greetings from California

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:30 pm

After going back and forth for the last few months between a Legacy and ASAT, I finally purchased a new ASAT Classic S Alnico. Wanted that 'T' sound but love still having the middle Legacy pickup option. Spent a lot of time looking online for this model only to find one just a short drive away. Little disappointed that the shop could not find the build sheet, so I'm not sure of the build date or body wood ... assuming Alder since the vintage white is not transparent.

Any chance that G&L has a copy of the build sheet??

Imageasat

Re: Greetings from California

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:46 pm

spencer wrote:After going back and forth for the last few months between a Legacy and ASAT, I finally purchased a new ASAT Classic S Alnico. Wanted that 'T' sound but love still having the middle Legacy pickup option. Spent a lot of time looking online for this model only to find one just a short drive away. Little disappointed that the shop could not find the build sheet, so I'm not sure of the build date or body wood ... assuming Alder since the vintage white is not transparent.

Any chance that G&L has a copy of the build sheet??

Imageasat

Welcome to our site! :wave:

They should be able to make another one for you. Contact G&L's Customer Service, here's the link: Support.
Let them know that the selling dealer could not find the Spec sheet and what the Serial Number is.
You can also get a copy from the G&L On-Line Store but there is a charge for it from the Store.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:59 am

Spencer, congratulations and welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking guitar.

Cheers, Eric

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:26 am

As it turns out, the employee at the store was new and didn't realize a case came with the guitar. (I thought it was strange I had to buy a case, but didn't speak up - I liked the price as the guitar has the natural wood binding). And as it turns out, the paperwork was in the included G&L case. So after a trip back to the store, a refund for the other case and a $50 gift card for the trouble, all is well.

And now I know the specs. The body is swamp ash :D

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 am

That's the best kind of ending to a story like this.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Very sweet, these are a great breed of ASAT. Way better than the Nashville Deluxe Tele the F sells.