Hello

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 am

Hello All,

My name is Luke. I've been playing guitar for almost 3 years now. I really have enjoyed the process of playing and all the road blocks that have come with it. Brad Paisley, Country Guitarist, was the original reason I picked up the guitar, but I could never understand how to play his music. I bought a few books about country music and how to play it. That's where I'm at in my playing now but feel like I'm starting over in a way. I own a G&L ASAT Special in limited fiesta red 2016. I dig the guitar but would be happier I believe with a complete single coil ASAT CLassic. Well, I look forward to chatting with you all. Happy to be a G&L owner.

Luke

Re: Hello

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Luke,

Welcome to world of G&L. Don't be so quick to dismiss the ASAT Special. The pups are nice, and very flexible.

Please post some pix, and enter your guitar in the registry.

Take care,

edg

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello Luke! Alot of great Country pickers and finger style players have used an ASAT Special; Carl Perkins, Doyle Dykes, Will Ray, Jinx Jones, Rhett Akins, Thad Beaty, Bob Minner, to name a few. And yes, more flexible than an ASAT Classic. And hey, make your own sound rather than copy someone else's vibe.

Welcome to the board. Now show us a picture of this beast!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:28 am

Welcome Luke, ASAT special is one of G&L's most unique guitars, re: tone and playability. Sounds like you might be wanting to add an ASAT classic to your collection down the road!